DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mounting a yard... (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/117094-mounting-yard.html)

Jeremy Collins August 15th 05 04:02 PM

Mounting a yard...

Hi all,

SWMBO & I were given a rather nice Dartington Crystal yard of ale
as a wedding gift. It's been a long while since I saw one hanging
in a pub, so I'm not really sure of the best way to hang it on a
wall for display.

Anyone got tips for how to do it properly?

Cheers,

--
jc

Remove the -not from email

Phil August 15th 05 04:27 PM

Two Terry clips - allows quick dismounting for use!

Jeremy Collins August 15th 05 04:31 PM

Phil wrote:
Two Terry clips - allows quick dismounting for use!

Oh, I want quick dismounting alright! Do you think Terry clips
would be strong enough? If I'm thinking of the right thing,
they tend to be stamped out of pretty thin metal...?

We're talking about 1m and 1.5kg of glass here after all!

--
jc

Remove the -not from email

Andrew Gabriel August 15th 05 04:54 PM

In article ,
Jeremy Collins writes:
Phil wrote:
Two Terry clips - allows quick dismounting for use!

Oh, I want quick dismounting alright! Do you think Terry clips
would be strong enough? If I'm thinking of the right thing,
they tend to be stamped out of pretty thin metal...?

We're talking about 1m and 1.5kg of glass here after all!

You'll also find Dartington glass is quite soft and
probably easily scratched by any metal clips.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Dave Jones August 15th 05 04:57 PM

"Jeremy Collins" wrote in message
Hi all,

SWMBO & I were given a rather nice Dartington Crystal yard of ale
as a wedding gift. It's been a long while since I saw one hanging
in a pub, so I'm not really sure of the best way to hang it on a
wall for display.

Anyone got tips for how to do it properly?

Cheers,

--
jc

Remove the -not from email

2 hooks, with small lengths of chain as a cradle.

Rob Morley August 15th 05 05:15 PM

In article , "Jeremy
Collins" says...
Hi all,

SWMBO & I were given a rather nice Dartington Crystal yard of ale
as a wedding gift. It's been a long while since I saw one hanging
in a pub, so I'm not really sure of the best way to hang it on a
wall for display.

Anyone got tips for how to do it properly?

I'd be inclined to make shaped wooden supports for it, bevelled to
fit snugly and maybe lined with a bit of felt.

Dave Plowman (News) August 15th 05 06:05 PM

In article ,
Jeremy Collins wrote:
Two Terry clips - allows quick dismounting for use!

Oh, I want quick dismounting alright! Do you think Terry clips
would be strong enough? If I'm thinking of the right thing,
they tend to be stamped out of pretty thin metal...?

Plenty strong as they're made out of spring steel.

We're talking about 1m and 1.5kg of glass here after all!

Just make sure what you fix them to/how you do it is strong enough.

--
*That's it! I‘m calling grandma!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.