Murmansk69

Default Cordless doorbell/chime with infrared detector needed

I'm looking for a device like a cordless doorbell but with an infrared
detector rather than a push-button.

It's to mount in a shop near the door so that when someone comes in it
alerts the person in the back room that someone has come in.

It needs it to be cordless rather than having to be wired in.

(This is for use when the door of the shop is left open in the summer -
there is CCTV but that wouldn't stop someone nipping and running off
with something if the owner wasn't looking at the monitor all the time)

Can anyone suggest any websites that sell such things?

Thanks

Tim Morley

"Murmansk69" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for a device like a cordless doorbell but with an infrared
detector rather than a push-button.

It's to mount in a shop near the door so that when someone comes in it
alerts the person in the back room that someone has come in.

It needs it to be cordless rather than having to be wired in.

(This is for use when the door of the shop is left open in the summer -
there is CCTV but that wouldn't stop someone nipping and running off
with something if the owner wasn't looking at the monitor all the time)

Can anyone suggest any websites that sell such things?

Thanks

12v powersupply running a domestic alarm PIR driving a small 12v buzzer via
a relay to swap "mode" of output relay. The PIR relay will trigger for about
2 seconds on every detection. No more than £40

Oooops, just read cordless!

OK then why not do as above, but instead of the relay driving the buzzer,
wire the relay contacts up to the push button circuit on a wireless
doorbell?

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Murmansk69 wrote:
I'm looking for a device like a cordless doorbell but with an infrared
detector rather than a push-button.

It's to mount in a shop near the door so that when someone comes in it
alerts the person in the back room that someone has come in.

It needs it to be cordless rather than having to be wired in.

(This is for use when the door of the shop is left open in the summer
- there is CCTV but that wouldn't stop someone nipping and running off
with something if the owner wasn't looking at the monitor all the
time)

Can anyone suggest any websites that sell such things?

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wireless-Door-Visitor-Chime-beam-alarm-security-safety_W0QQitemZ4397234349QQcategoryZ1280QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

Si

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
Murmansk69 wrote:
I'm looking for a device like a cordless doorbell but with an infrared
detector rather than a push-button.

It's to mount in a shop near the door so that when someone comes in it
alerts the person in the back room that someone has come in.

It needs it to be cordless rather than having to be wired in.

I've seen battery units, but they are self contained, so would have to
make enough noise to be heard in the back room, as obviously they fit near
the door.

Would be easy enough to cludge something out of a cordless alarm system,
though.

--
*24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Murmansk69

Thanks for replies, it needs to have a chime unit that is separated
wirelessly from the infrared detector so that the person in the back
room can hear it and so it's not heard in the shop. It also needs to be
"off the shelf" not something involving adaptation of something else.

I've done a bit of Google searching and come up with a few ideas

Mike Clarke

In article .com,
Murmansk69 wrote:

I'm looking for a device like a cordless doorbell but with an infrared
detector rather than a push-button.

Friedland wirefree door chime plus extra PIR sensor
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...es_Index/Door_
Bell_1_Wire/index.html. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the
battery powered PIR sensor

--
Mike Clarke

Murmansk69 wrote:
Thanks for replies, it needs to have a chime unit that is separated
wirelessly from the infrared detector so that the person in the back
room can hear it and so it's not heard in the shop. It also needs to be
"off the shelf" not something involving adaptation of something else.

I've done a bit of Google searching and come up with a few ideas

Prompted by replies to a question here about PIR sensor alerts, I
recently bought a 'Jaguar' (IQ Europe Ltd.) 'battery powered PIR sensor
with portable chime alert and light adaptor'. (In B&Q, 50 quids.)

They have the same without the light adaptor for about =A310 cheaper.

Seems to do what you require. But I guess you would place it somewhere
inside the shop? Unless pedestrian and other traffic on your street is
bound only for you.

I haven't tried volume control; I assume none. But you could place it
under (a) cushion(s). Or, maybe the light would do as a silent alert.

Incidentally, initial impressions on my unit: (i) I wonder how long the
AA batteries will last (three in sensor, three in chime); (ii) I wonder
will the PIR sensor go the way floodlight sensors go when exposed to
weather, i.e. fail after two/three years? (iii) cats; I'm now
attempting to use some sort of netting to discourage them from their
'traditional route' into my garden; (iv) a lot easier to fit and set up
-- ten minutes at most -- compared to something that I'd kludge myself.

Best regards,

Jon C.