r.p.mcmurphy

Default A grands worth of profit for a days work!

Nice eh? Just had a quote for a new boiler from a local and small company.
£1650.00

pretty simple swap over apparently (according to my mate who is a plumber).
Surfed the net for retail cost of the boiler recommended. £550 inc vat.

gonna pay my mate a couple of hundred pounds for a days work. to fit it for
me and I'll still be £900 less worse off.

steve

Set Square

r.p.mcmurphy wrote:

Nice eh? Just had a quote for a new boiler from a local and small
company. £1650.00

pretty simple swap over apparently (according to my mate who is a
plumber). Surfed the net for retail cost of the boiler recommended.
£550 inc vat.

gonna pay my mate a couple of hundred pounds for a days work. to fit
it for me and I'll still be £900 less worse off.

steve

Is the rest of your your system ok - or will the controls need updating to
meet current regs - TRVs on radiators, boiler interlock, etc.?

Is your mate qualified to commission the boiler and issue the necessary
certificates?
--
Cheers,
Set Square

r.p.mcmurphy

"Set Square" wrote in message
r.p.mcmurphy wrote:

Nice eh? Just had a quote for a new boiler from a local and small
company. £1650.00

pretty simple swap over apparently (according to my mate who is a
plumber). Surfed the net for retail cost of the boiler recommended.
£550 inc vat.

gonna pay my mate a couple of hundred pounds for a days work. to fit
it for me and I'll still be £900 less worse off.

steve

Is the rest of your your system ok - or will the controls need updating to
meet current regs - TRVs on radiators, boiler interlock, etc.?

no other changes needed, just a boiler swap.

Is your mate qualified to commission the boiler and issue the necessary
certificates?

he is a qualified plumber with gas yes.

steve

Peter Parry

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:01:38 +0100, "Set Square"
wrote:

Is the rest of your your system ok - or will the controls need updating to
meet current regs - TRVs on radiators, boiler interlock, etc.?

He would be charged extra for that, also how on earth can anyone call
adding TRV's to a system an "update"? (unless they are using
Microsnot inverse logic).

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
IAN

A long a you get the required certificate when your mate informs corgi/
building control then you are quids in. Just one strange thought. Why did
you not go to your mate in the first place?

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
Nice eh? Just had a quote for a new boiler from a local and small
company. £1650.00

pretty simple swap over apparently (according to my mate who is a
plumber). Surfed the net for retail cost of the boiler recommended. £550
inc vat.

gonna pay my mate a couple of hundred pounds for a days work. to fit it
for me and I'll still be £900 less worse off.

steve

r.p.mcmurphy

"IAN" wrote in message
A long a you get the required certificate when your mate informs corgi/
building control then you are quids in. Just one strange thought. Why did
you not go to your mate in the first place?

cus im curious! and quotes are free.

steve

r.p.mcmurphy

Well we fitted the new boiler yesterday, took my plumber mate 6 hours work.
He charged me £220 for labour. the boiler cost £575 for a Worcester 12ri
and flue from PTS in Derby. Total cost £795!! Saved myself £1075!!
.....and i even got a better boiler (modulating)!

steve

Original post............

"A Grands worth of profit for a days work!"

Nice eh? Just had a quote for a new boiler from a local and small company.
£1650.00

pretty simple swap over apparently (according to my mate who is a plumber).
Surfed the net for retail cost of the boiler recommended. £550 inc vat.

gonna pay my mate a couple of hundred pounds for a days work. to fit it for
me and I'll still be £900 less worse off.

steve

Michael Mcneil

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message

cus im curious! and quotes are free.

And wanted to know just how expensive "friends" are these days?

Which are the most expensive, the fat ones or the tall ones? Or don't
you weigh and measure them?