r.p.mcmurphy

"Set Square" wrote in message
r.p.mcmurphy wrote:

Nice eh? Just had a quote for a new boiler from a local and small
company. £1650.00

pretty simple swap over apparently (according to my mate who is a
plumber). Surfed the net for retail cost of the boiler recommended.
£550 inc vat.

gonna pay my mate a couple of hundred pounds for a days work. to fit
it for me and I'll still be £900 less worse off.

steve

Is the rest of your your system ok - or will the controls need updating to
meet current regs - TRVs on radiators, boiler interlock, etc.?

no other changes needed, just a boiler swap.

Is your mate qualified to commission the boiler and issue the necessary
certificates?

he is a qualified plumber with gas yes.

steve