John

Default Combi boiler conversion & driping bath taps

I had my boiler changed form a old gravity fed system to a new mains
pressure combi. Everything is great. The central heating warms up the
house a lot quicker. However, my bath taps (and only the baths taps)
tend to drip. It takes a great effort to turn them off. i have taken
to using a pipe rench to turn them off. Is there some adjustment I can
make ? or do i need to get the converted to a different design?
thanks

--
J.P. Kerslake B.Sc., F.B.I.S. Dyslexia Rules KO. "phone"01248-353264.
e-mail ,(r emove NOSPAM)
Matt Beard

I expect that your taps are a bit worn. When the water came from a tank
in the loft (via the cylinder for the hot) the pressure was pretty low
so the worn taps were enough to stop the flow. Now you have a combi
your taps are trying to hold back the full pressure of the mains.

Fear not! It is likely that a few minutes with a tap reseating tool
(such as this
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...89487&ts=11745) and a
couple of new washers and everything will be back to normal.

It's not a difficult job - if you know how to change a tap washer it's
just an extra minute or so twisting the tool inside the tap before
fitting the new washer.

However - if you keep graunching the taps closed with a pipe wrench
they aren't going to last much longer!!

I am a little disappointed (but not surprised!) that the plumber who
changed the boiler didn't check all of your taps afterwards because
this must happen almost every other time he fits a combi!!