Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
-=D@n=-

Default Earthing exterior lights

Hi,

I replaced some external lights yesterday, the usual black lantern type.
Anyway, when I was trying to fit one, the corroded earth wire coming from
the wall snapped off completely. The instructions for the lights say they
must be earthed, is this definitely the case? There's no way I can be
chuffed running a new wire. What's the worst that can happen? If I touch the
lamp when live will it try to earth through me?

Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but I'm not the best of DIY'ers...

TIA

Dan

--
People call me old-fashioned. What a load of old poppycock!

Under the bath earthing John W UK diy 5 November 6th 04 03:05 PM
What earthing system do (should!) I have? Lobster UK diy 24 November 6th 04 02:06 PM
Earthing Conductor size (massive??) & new Consumer Unit jim_in_sussex UK diy 5 July 8th 04 01:14 PM
Earthing Sparks UK diy 10 October 29th 03 01:27 AM