-=D@n=-

Grunff wrote:
-=D@n=- wrote:

I replaced some external lights yesterday, the usual black lantern
type. Anyway, when I was trying to fit one, the corroded earth wire
coming from the wall snapped off completely. The instructions for
the lights say they must be earthed, is this definitely the case?

Yes.

Ok, thanks.

There's no way I can be chuffed running a new wire.

Then should you really be messing with electrics?

I'm not 'messing with electrics', I was replacing exterior lights. Pretty
much like-for-like. The problem is, I think the wire goes from outside into
the wall, and somehow into the void between the ceiling of a downstairs
bathroom and under the floor of an upstairs room. It will be a pain to
replace the wire.

What's the worst that can happen?

You could die.

Worse still, someone other than you could die.

Ok. The light is on the same 'ring' as another light I think (when I switch
one ring off on the consumer unit, both wires are dead. If I just tape up
the wire and stuff it into the hole in the wall, am I looking for trouble?

Thanks

Dan

--
People call me old-fashioned. What a load of old poppycock!