Junior Member

Default consumer unit mounting board

Hi i have just rewired the entire house and now plan to fit a split load consumer unit to replace the old fused cu. I have been told to mount the new CU on a fireproof board. What is the best material to use for this?
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
pistolknight writes:

Hi i have just rewired the entire house and now plan to fit a split load
consumer unit to replace the old fused cu. I have been told to mount
the new CU on a fireproof board.

By who?
Also, where do you live, and what are the building
materials used near where you are fitting the CU?

--
Andrew Gabriel

O.B.

The leccy companies seem to mount their stuff on bits of chipboard.

O.B.

The leccy companies seem to mount their stuff on bits of chipboard.

Lobster

O.B. wrote:
The leccy companies seem to mount their stuff on bits of chipboard.

Yes, I had an electric supply laid on from scratch just over a year ago,
and a chipboard plank mounted on rubber standoffs was supplied and
fitted by the sparks who installed everything.

David

raden

In message .com, O.B.
writes
The leccy companies seem to mount their stuff on bits of chipboard.

That's what I used, mounted on two battens which allowed the wires to be
routed behind it

--
geoff

Consumer unit switch tripping despite RCD Dundonald UK diy 9 June 7th 05 09:50 AM
Mounting Central AC unit on side of home p-nut Home Repair 9 May 10th 05 12:36 AM
Consumer Unit RCD's anon UK diy 4 January 1st 05 01:59 PM
Volex Consumer Unit Ben UK diy 3 December 30th 04 05:53 PM
Zienth Vertical Squish (How do I find and test the Capacitor?) Kevin Cornwell Electronics Repair 8 September 15th 03 02:17 PM