bill

Default Makita SDS at Screwfix

After listening to the positive views here about SDS drills I took the
plunge and bought a Makita 2020X from Srewfix for £109.99.
I read all the technical data from their list of drills but after I had it
ordered, I noticed that I hadn't ordered the one at the same price which
had Rotostop fitted (HR2450).
Am I going to regret this even though I have no use for Rotostop at the
present time as a DIY hobbyist at this time?
Bill

Grunff

bill wrote:
After listening to the positive views here about SDS drills I took the
plunge and bought a Makita 2020X from Srewfix for £109.99.
I read all the technical data from their list of drills but after I had it
ordered, I noticed that I hadn't ordered the one at the same price which
had Rotostop fitted (HR2450).
Am I going to regret this even though I have no use for Rotostop at the
present time as a DIY hobbyist at this time?

Yes, Rotostop is very, very useful. Just call Screwfix and tell them you
ordered the wrong one, I'm sure they'll be very helpful.

--
Grunff
Christian McArdle

Am I going to regret this even though I have no use for Rotostop at the
present time as a DIY hobbyist at this time?

Yes you will. I use mine on rotostop more than half the time.

Christian.

bill

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
Am I going to regret this even though I have no use for Rotostop at the
present time as a DIY hobbyist at this time?

Yes you will. I use mine on rotostop more than half the time.

Christian.

I knew as soon as I re-read the specs that I had got it wrong. That what
happens when you read too much data in a hurry.
Thanks
Bill

mike ring

"bill" wrote in
:

After listening to the positive views here about SDS drills I took
the
plunge and bought a Makita 2020X from Srewfix for £109.99.
I read all the technical data from their list of drills but after I
had it ordered, I noticed that I hadn't ordered the one at the same
price which had Rotostop fitted (HR2450).

I can't believe a posh make like that would waste your time with a non
stoppable SDS - you might like to suggest screwfix make it plainer on the
ad,

mike

Misha Dorman

bill wrote:
After listening to the positive views here about SDS drills I took the=

=20
plunge and bought a Makita 2020X from Srewfix for =A3109.99.
I read all the technical data from their list of drills but after I had=

it=20
ordered, I noticed that I hadn't ordered the one at the same price whi=

ch=20
had Rotostop fitted (HR2450).
Am I going to regret this even though I have no use for Rotostop at the=

=20
present time as a DIY hobbyist at this time?
Bill=20
=20
=20

Or HR2450X (with keyless chuck adapter and 10 Makita-brand bits 2 ea of=20
5.5, 6, 8mm, 4 ea of 7mm) which has a bit more power IIRC and is =A3115is=
h=20
inc vat at lawson-his.co.uk

Haven't used the rotostop yet, but the drill itself is very nice to use.
John Rumm

bill wrote:

Am I going to regret this even though I have no use for Rotostop at the
present time as a DIY hobbyist at this time?

See if you can swap it for the 2450.

Roto stop is very useful - especially on the 2450 model since the speed
control is so good, it makes the hammer action very controlable (some
SDS drills are very "All or nothing" when hammering).

--
Cheers,

John.

bill

Phoned this morning and changed it for the 2450 - no problems. Thanks for
your recommendations guys

Bill

"John Rumm" wrote in message
bill wrote:

Am I going to regret this even though I have no use for Rotostop at the
present time as a DIY hobbyist at this time?

See if you can swap it for the 2450.

Roto stop is very useful - especially on the 2450 model since the speed
control is so good, it makes the hammer action very controlable (some SDS
drills are very "All or nothing" when hammering).

--
Cheers,

John.

Makita HR2450X impressions after first week of use Richard UK diy 3 March 26th 05 07:49 PM
Screwfix + Lynx = A change in service contract (at last) [email protected] UK diy 9 December 17th 04 01:00 AM
Screwfix PoP UK diy 28 March 12th 04 09:19 PM
SDS - DeWalt or Makita & Difference between SDS & SDS Plus Seri UK diy 25 March 6th 04 10:43 AM
Have I upset Screwfix? PoP UK diy 38 February 22nd 04 11:03 AM