Mark Watson

Default Sash Windows #2

Howdy folks, new thread as the last one was getting a bit cumbersome

Anyone recommend a source for replacement 'pulleys' for sash windows.
In one of mine the brass? circular pulley has disappeared (presumably
into the bottom of the sash casing) although the brass plate it was
part of, is still there.

So what I'm after I would imagine is a replacement surround and pulley
- it looks like the 'plate' which hosts the pulley has two screws,
suggesting it should (once the paint is removed) come out whole.

Andrew Mawson

"Mark Watson" wrote in message
Howdy folks, new thread as the last one was getting a bit cumbersome

Anyone recommend a source for replacement 'pulleys' for sash

windows.
In one of mine the brass? circular pulley has disappeared

(presumably
into the bottom of the sash casing) although the brass plate it was
part of, is still there.

So what I'm after I would imagine is a replacement surround and

pulley
- it looks like the 'plate' which hosts the pulley has two screws,
suggesting it should (once the paint is removed) come out whole.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hard...re/d170/sd2320

Item 70384 £1.15 each

AWEM

John Rumm

Andrew Mawson wrote:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hard...re/d170/sd2320

Item 70384 ï½£1.15 each

or

http://www.toolstation.com/index.html?code=70384

if you want a link to it ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Chris Bacon

Mark Watson wrote:
Anyone recommend a source for replacement 'pulleys' for sash windows.
In one of mine the brass? circular pulley has disappeared (presumably
into the bottom of the sash casing) although the brass plate it was
part of, is still there.

So what I'm after I would imagine is a replacement surround and pulley
- it looks like the 'plate' which hosts the pulley has two screws,
suggesting it should (once the paint is removed) come out whole.

Brass? Surprising. Perhaps you've something of quality. Anyway,
http://www.mighton.co.uk will get you somewhere. Don't go for
"brass plated" under any circumstances (I am not suggesting
Mighton do these, haven't looked for some time). Remember,
these windows do last for some time - a trivial few £ for
good stuff is well spent.
nightjar

"Mark Watson" wrote in message
Howdy folks, new thread as the last one was getting a bit cumbersome

Anyone recommend a source for replacement 'pulleys' for sash windows.
In one of mine the brass? circular pulley has disappeared (presumably
into the bottom of the sash casing) although the brass plate it was
part of, is still there.

So what I'm after I would imagine is a replacement surround and pulley
- it looks like the 'plate' which hosts the pulley has two screws,
suggesting it should (once the paint is removed) come out whole.

Any architectural ironmonger.

Colin Bignell

Mark Watson

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:15:15 +0000 (UTC), "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hard...re/d170/sd2320

Item 70384 £1.15 each

AWEM

Perfect. Not many architectural ironmongers in this neck to the wood,
so online is perfect.

Chris Bacon

Mark Watson wrote:
(Required: axle pulleys)

Well, what should happen in this world of co-incidence,
but that the Mighton catalogue drops through my letter-
box this a.m. Sash pulleys: brass faceplate, brass
wheel: £2.87 (1-99 No.); brass plate, nylon wheel at
£2.2 (1-99 No.) (1 3/4" wheels). Also on-line.

LCD film window coverings? Denis Home Ownership 0 March 7th 05 07:31 AM
Vertical Sliding Sash Windows - Draught Excluders Frank McVey Woodworking 5 September 11th 04 09:41 AM
Sash Windows... further to an earlier thread! Fishter UK diy 3 September 25th 03 08:35 AM
sash windows dave UK diy 8 September 12th 03 09:33 AM
[OT] Car insurance craziness The Q UK diy 173 August 2nd 03 10:58 PM