Default Thermostatic shower

My thermostatic shower has to have the hot water turned on fully in
order to feel any warmth. The tank is at 65c. If I move the control
towards cold, cold is all I get. There appears to be no mixing. Is the
valve at fault here?

andrewpreece

wrote in message
ps.com...
My thermostatic shower has to have the hot water turned on fully in
order to feel any warmth. The tank is at 65c. If I move the control
towards cold, cold is all I get. There appears to be no mixing. Is the
valve at fault here?

Possibly. Did it used to work properly? Could it have scaled up? Scale seems
to form faster in hot water. You may have to bite the bullet and take it
apart.

Andy.

Mike - S London

If it is recently fitted and new, check that you have not plumbed the
hot pipe into the cold inlet and the cold into the hot. Accidentally
swapping the pipes wille tend to give you all hot or all cold and
nothing in between (negative feed-back gone mad!). There are two
solutions if this has happened (i) if you can get at the pipes easily
(ie they are not tiled into the wall!) swap them to their correct
positions, (ii) some manufactures sell a reversal valve for just such
an eventuality that can be fitted from the front of the valve.