Default Power meter, Instr. wanted, please.

I bought a Power Meter model 9149 from the Lidl store in Fuengirola
today. Instructions are in Spanish - "naturally". Normally I can
handle that, but in this case there's too much to digest.

In short I need an English language instruction sheet.
Can't find the manufacturer, Lidl Espana ain't interested -
"naturally".

Can some kind guy out there help me out, fax me a copy, or send as an
attachment to an email? Just a Xerox type copy - please !! ??

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain
Hugh

can't help you there, but do you know how much it should cost to re-wire a 4
bedroom townhouse in spain. I've had a quote for 4,300 euros for our place
in Antequera - about 4 time what it would cost be at home - about 8 times if
I did it myself.

Hugh
wrote in message
news:1122556097.adfd6f6a9644432f634d84a1481a9c7d@t eranews...
I bought a Power Meter model 9149 from the Lidl store in Fuengirola
today. Instructions are in Spanish - "naturally". Normally I can
handle that, but in this case there's too much to digest.

In short I need an English language instruction sheet.
Can't find the manufacturer, Lidl Espana ain't interested -
"naturally".

Can some kind guy out there help me out, fax me a copy, or send as an
attachment to an email? Just a Xerox type copy - please !! ??

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

dave stanton

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:08:18 +0200, jhewitt wrote:

I bought a Power Meter model 9149 from the Lidl store in Fuengirola
today. Instructions are in Spanish - "naturally". Normally I can
handle that, but in this case there's too much to digest.

In short I need an English language instruction sheet.
Can't find the manufacturer, Lidl Espana ain't interested -
"naturally".

Can some kind guy out there help me out, fax me a copy, or send as an
attachment to an email? Just a Xerox type copy - please !! ??

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

I have one here by my desk, will try to get copy done tonight.
Is your email add ok ?

Dave
Mathew J. Newton

I bought a Power Meter model 9149 from the Lidl store in Fuengirola
today. Instructions are in Spanish - "naturally". Normally I can
handle that, but in this case there's too much to digest.

In short I need an English language instruction sheet.
Can't find the manufacturer, Lidl Espana ain't interested -
"naturally".

Can some kind guy out there help me out, fax me a copy, or send as an
attachment to an email? Just a Xerox type copy - please !! ??

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Unfortunately I have no scanner however I do have a coolbox to steady
my camera on so hopefully these will do:

http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/temporary/9149/

(3 x JPEGs, 2272x1074 (be careful of IE6 shrinking them to fit!),
brightened and (re)compressed to ~600KB each)

I've also put the originals there so you can play about with them as
you wish - they're ~1.6MB each so whilst I don't know what bandwidth
you've got my upload is 384kbps so will be limited to this anyway.

Hope this helps!

Mathew

Thank you for the offer Dave. B4 you do that, I got a very readable
copy from Sr Newton [ see this thread ], so I am now able toset the
meter up.
Thank you very much for your offer.

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:37:13 +0100, dave stanton
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:08:18 +0200, jhewitt wrote:

I bought a Power Meter model 9149 from the Lidl store in Fuengirola
today. Instructions are in Spanish - "naturally". Normally I can
handle that, but in this case there's too much to digest.

In short I need an English language instruction sheet.
Can't find the manufacturer, Lidl Espana ain't interested -
"naturally".

Can some kind guy out there help me out, fax me a copy, or send as an
attachment to an email? Just a Xerox type copy - please !! ??

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

I have one here by my desk, will try to get copy done tonight.
Is your email add ok ?

Dave

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Thank you very much for the info, it was quite readable and did the
trick! I appreciate your help - and if I can reciprocate ...don't
hesitate.

Today, thanks to public pressure [ and not any generosity on the part
of my ISP ] my ADSL speed was upped to 1M/312 at no cost: we are still
way behind the UK though in Bits for the buck!
Thus getting your info was speedy.
[ Can you point me to a mini / idiot proof tutorial that would explain
how you set that file up for me to dload? ]

On 28 Jul 2005 11:50:02 -0700, "Mathew J. Newton"

[...]

Hard to answer without seeing the house, [ size, state of repair, etc]
location and other variables..
i.e.
1. Assume that it's a masonry building with existing surface wiring.
Then plastic conduits would have to be embedded in the walls / floors
and then re finished, or....

2. Lots of cowboys here - mostly Brits.

3. We have a wild building boom here, every one has work and prices of
everything have gone out of sight.

4. Thus few folks want 'small' jobs [ they want new house and Apt
blocks to work on ]

5. You are there, 'they' here, makes a big difference.

In general though, you instincts are correct, it sounds very high,
especially for Antequera, which is way inland.

FYI I suspect that an electricista here gets appx €15.00 per hour, you
can figger the rest out.

wrote in message
news:1122556097.adfd6f6a9644432f634d84a1481a9c7d@ teranews...
I bought a Power Meter model 9149 from the Lidl store in Fuengirola

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Workshop In An Alternate Homepower Environment Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 288 June 29th 05 11:10 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
testing ATX power supply tempus fugit Electronics Repair 12 January 13th 04 05:03 PM
munet digital electric watthour meter login problem INTERESTING TECHNOLOGY! jack morgan Home Repair 0 November 15th 03 07:21 PM
Switching Power Supply Failure W. Curtiss Priest Home Repair 0 October 6th 03 03:43 PM