Fitz

Default Paint for big wooden veggie labels?

I want to make some big veg labels for the garden. about 9" long and 1
1/2" wide wooden steaks basically. I'll want to change the writing on
them on a yearly basis and they must stand up to the weather.

Will normal gloss paint do the job? What's the best combination for
paint/writing implement? I remember something like a chinagraph
pencil(?) being used by my grandad and have a feeling this was for
drawing on shiny surfaces. I think he removed it with alcohol.

Would varnish be better than paint?

cheers for any thoughts

--
Steve F

1200 degree High heat spray paint stinks, literally Dan Musicant Metalworking 11 August 21st 20 01:03 PM
Is 100% Acrylic Paint the best available? Walter R. Home Repair 6 June 16th 05 04:27 AM
Peeling paint on wooden window frames Tarique Naseem UK diy 12 January 20th 04 10:45 AM
Spraying Paint Tom Watson Woodworking 15 September 13th 03 02:41 PM
Gloss Paint Removal on Wooden Door Frame Adam Pj UK diy 1 September 3rd 03 12:41 PM