Michael Mcneil

Default Battery SDS

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Any suggestions?

Andy Hall

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 05:56:16 +0000 (UTC), "Michael Mcneil"
wrote:

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Any suggestions?

Bosch or Makita

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Long life or long charge?

Any suggestions?

Bosch or Makita

Forget Bosch.

Andy Hall

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:33:17 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Long life or long charge?

Any suggestions?

Bosch or Makita

Forget Bosch.

The Bosch Professional (blue) range of SDS drills are excellent. I
know of several people with the cordless versions and I have a corded
one myself.

At the price point of a decent SDS, I researched very carefully and
have not been disappointed by my choice.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
John Rumm

Michael Mcneil wrote:

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Any suggestions?

Something with decent quality 3Ah NiMh batteries.... Blue Bosch, Makita,
possibly Hitachi as well. DeWalt may have something also.

--
Cheers,

John.

Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:33:17 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Long life or long charge?

Any suggestions?

Bosch or Makita

Forget Bosch.

The Bosch Professional (blue) range of SDS drills are excellent. I
know of several people with the cordless versions and I have a corded
one myself.

At the price point of a decent SDS, I researched very carefully and
have not been disappointed by my choice.

Bosch have a poor reliability record..

John Rumm

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Bosch have a poor reliability record..

According to who?

I know the green tools are variable in quality, but everyone I know with
any blue ones is very pleased with them.

--
Cheers,

John.

Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Bosch have a poor reliability record..

According to who?

I know the green tools are variable in quality, but everyone I know with
any blue ones is very pleased with them.

I know many who give them a wide berth as I do. I have had problems with
every Bosch tool I have ever had and amounts to about 4 or 5. Never again.

Andy Hall

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:54:21 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:33:17 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Long life or long charge?

Any suggestions?

Bosch or Makita

Forget Bosch.

The Bosch Professional (blue) range of SDS drills are excellent. I
know of several people with the cordless versions and I have a corded
one myself.

At the price point of a decent SDS, I researched very carefully and
have not been disappointed by my choice.

Bosch have a poor reliability record..

Evidence as far as the blue ones are concerned?

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:54:21 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:33:17 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Long life or long charge?

Any suggestions?

Bosch or Makita

Forget Bosch.

The Bosch Professional (blue) range of SDS drills are excellent. I
know of several people with the cordless versions and I have a corded
one myself.

At the price point of a decent SDS, I researched very carefully and
have not been disappointed by my choice.

Bosch have a poor reliability record..

Evidence as far as the blue ones are concerned?

Not being a DIYer is enough.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article lgate.org,
Michael Mcneil wrote:
I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Any suggestions?

You're really on a hiding to nothing given the power an SDS drill needs.
You're talking about something near 1 horsepower, so no practical battery
is going to last long under those conditions. So just go for a well known
quality brand and accept that it will need recharging regularly.

--
*I speak fluent patriarchy but it's not my mother tongue

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Bosch have a poor reliability record..

So have you, in recommending cheap cordless tools that you say you seen
used on building sites.

--
*The colder the X-ray table, the more of your body is required on it *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I know many who give them a wide berth as I do. I have had problems
with every Bosch tool I have ever had and amounts to about 4 or 5.
Never again.

But you've recommended constantly cheap DIY store ****e.

I've got four Bosch power tools and they're fine. Not cordless, though.

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Bosch have a poor reliability record..

According to who?

I know the green tools are variable in quality, but everyone I know with
any blue ones is very pleased with them.

I know many who give them a wide berth as I do. I have had problems with
every Bosch tool I have ever had and amounts to about 4 or 5. Never again.

Nu Tool are much more reliable, aren't they dIMM

--
geoff

Andy Hall

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:54:02 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:54:21 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:33:17 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Long life or long charge?

Any suggestions?

Bosch or Makita

Forget Bosch.

The Bosch Professional (blue) range of SDS drills are excellent. I
know of several people with the cordless versions and I have a corded
one myself.

At the price point of a decent SDS, I researched very carefully and
have not been disappointed by my choice.

Bosch have a poor reliability record..

Evidence as far as the blue ones are concerned?

Not being a DIYer is enough.

I know you're not, but what relevance does this have to Bosch
professional power tools?

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Bosch have a poor reliability record..

Evidence as far as the blue ones are concerned?

Not being a DIYer is enough.

Well, yes. We already know you're not a DIYer by your constant disasters
when you try to do anything. You really should try and read and learn from
this group.

--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Bosch have a poor reliability record..

According to who?

I know the green tools are variable in quality, but everyone I know

with
any blue ones is very pleased with them.

I know many who give them a wide berth as I do. I have had problems

with
every Bosch tool I have ever had and amounts to about 4 or 5. Never

again.

Nu Tool are much more reliable, aren't they dIMM

Maxie, does Dim Lin, the Oriental enchantress, buy Nu Tools?

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Bosch have a poor reliability record..

So have

more senile babble having to be snipped

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
I know many who give them a wide berth as I do. I have had problems
with every Bosch tool I have ever had and amounts to about 4 or 5.
Never again.

But you've recommended constantly cheap DIY store ****e.

Because it's better than Bosch. Boy are you dumb.

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Bosch have a poor reliability record..

Evidence as far as the blue ones are concerned?

Not being a DIYer is enough.

Well, yes.

Snip.

madness comes in many forms. This is just one example

Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:54:02 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:54:21 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:33:17 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Long life or long charge?

Any suggestions?

Bosch or Makita

Forget Bosch.

The Bosch Professional (blue) range of SDS drills are excellent. I
know of several people with the cordless versions and I have a

corded
one myself.

At the price point of a decent SDS, I researched very carefully and
have not been disappointed by my choice.

Bosch have a poor reliability record..

Evidence as far as the blue ones are concerned?

Not being a DIYer is enough.

I know you're not, but what relevance does this have to Bosch
professional power tools?

Knowing and using the poor products.

Andy Dingley

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:58:34 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

Evidence as far as the blue ones are concerned?

Well if Drivel hates them, that's good enough for me!

Andy Dingley

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:19:43 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

You're really on a hiding to nothing given the power an SDS drill needs.

But an SDS drill needs _less_ power.

Assuming the problem is "makes holes in bricks with a battery", then
you've obviously got limitations that you're just going to have to live
with. But you'll get further with SDS than without it.

My two corded "hammer" drills are plated at about 1hp and 2hp (sic).
The SDS is the less powerful one, yet drills far better.
Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:54:26 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Bosch have a poor reliability record..

According to who?

I know the green tools are variable in quality, but everyone I know

with
any blue ones is very pleased with them.

I know many who give them a wide berth as I do. I have had problems

with
every Bosch tool I have ever had and amounts to about 4 or 5. Never

again.

Blue ones? Which?

Both.

Product?

Bosch. About 4 or 5 of them.

Doctor Drivel

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:58:34 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

Evidence as far as the blue ones are concerned?

Well if Drivel hates them, that's good enough for me!

There you go. Proof enough.

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

You're really on a hiding to nothing given the power an SDS drill needs.

But an SDS drill needs _less_ power.

This is obvious, but he doesn't know that. sad but true.

Andy Hall

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:11:17 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

Not being a DIYer is enough.

I know you're not, but what relevance does this have to Bosch
professional power tools?

Knowing and using the poor products.

Well yes, because you insist on buying cheap crap from the bin ends.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

Not being a DIYer is enough.

I know you're not, but what relevance does this have to Bosch
professional power tools?

Knowing and using the poor products.

Well yes, because you insist on buying cheap crap from the bin ends.

Bosch bin ends? I would like to throw them in the bin. Overpriced tat.

Michael Mcneil

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message
news:db3b5dbbcd2669d55fb71a59e07b6986.45219@mygate .mailgate.org

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

I was initially impressed with the 32 responses garnered in my absence.
Then I discovered it was flame war drivvel perpetrated by people who
have the mental clarity of geese.

Kindly snip your replies to the germaine, so that interested parties,
not engaged in petty tribalism, can read the message appended to the
otherwise long list of "which turkey posted what" gobblers;
allowing those of us who wish to know better, to click quickly past such
low melodrama.

I'm after a machine that I don't have to climb down several sets of
ladders to replace a battery every half hour. Should the drill with the
longest useful battery life fail to perform as intended it will go back
to the supplier for a refund, no hastle.

Now, grow up, or shut up.

Perhaps I aught to ask for a link to a trade discussion?

Michael Mcneil

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message

cough 4! both of you.

Michael Mcneil

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Something with decent quality 3Ah NiMh batteries.... Blue Bosch,
Makita, possibly Hitachi as well. DeWalt may have something also.

I'd gathered I was going to have to get something from the top. I dare
say it will boil down to weight and price, I will have to look for
something with 3 batteries.

It's just that with a 110, dragging a wire around modern scaffolding is
right pain.

Doctor Drivel

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message
news:6bca5d666207f7d427fff88f172a9a9e.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...

Now, grow up, or shut up.

I totally agree with you.

David Lang

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message

I was initially impressed with the 32 responses garnered in my absence.
Then I discovered it was flame war drivvel perpetrated by people who
have the mental clarity of geese.

Glad it's not just me you gets peed off with the constant bickering.

Dave

Doctor Drivel

"David Lang" wrote in message
. uk...

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message

I was initially impressed with the 32 responses garnered in my absence.
Then I discovered it was flame war drivvel perpetrated by people who
have the mental clarity of geese.

Glad it's not just me you gets peed off with the constant bickering.

Same here. The know-it-all loonies just come out the woodwork.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
But you've recommended constantly cheap DIY store ****e.

Because it's better than Bosch.

What a fool. *Some* Bosch products have come out best of all in tests. DIY
store ****e is usually just ****e.

--
*Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?*