ARWadsworth

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message
news:366795389da1ac1bf1a6af398425aaf7.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...
"John Rumm" wrote in message

Something with decent quality 3Ah NiMh batteries.... Blue Bosch,
Makita, possibly Hitachi as well. DeWalt may have something also.

I'd gathered I was going to have to get something from the top. I dare
say it will boil down to weight and price, I will have to look for
something with 3 batteries.

It's just that with a 110, dragging a wire around modern scaffolding is
right pain.

I rate my second hand (and still going strong) Hitachi as a far better
performer for both battery life and available power than my new Blue Bosch.

Adam

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:
You're really on a hiding to nothing given the power an SDS drill needs.

But an SDS drill needs _less_ power.

It might as an average, but I'm not convinced about the peak requirement
to function properly.

Assuming the problem is "makes holes in bricks with a battery", then
you've obviously got limitations that you're just going to have to live
with. But you'll get further with SDS than without it.

Most bricks aren't a challenge.

My two corded "hammer" drills are plated at about 1hp and 2hp (sic).
The SDS is the less powerful one, yet drills far better.

Corded or cordless? And how many cordless drills are 'plated' at one or
two HP?

--
*How come you never hear about gruntled employees? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article lgate.org,
Michael Mcneil wrote:
I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

I was initially impressed with the 32 responses garnered in my absence.
Then I discovered it was flame war drivvel perpetrated by people who
have the mental clarity of geese.

Kindly snip your replies to the germaine, so that interested parties,
not engaged in petty tribalism, can read the message appended to the
otherwise long list of "which turkey posted what" gobblers;
allowing those of us who wish to know better, to click quickly past such
low melodrama.

I'm after a machine that I don't have to climb down several sets of
ladders to replace a battery every half hour.

Well, you'd need to specify what you're drilling into, and what size holes.

Because regardless of how good the drill - or the batteries - you can't
change the laws of physics, and stored energy in the form of a battery is
limited. Which is why we don't have battery cars.

Should the drill with the longest useful battery life fail to perform as
intended it will go back to the supplier for a refund, no hastle.

I don't think you really understand the principles - do you?

Now, grow up, or shut up.

Well, careful reading of the discussion should teach you something.

Perhaps I aught to ask for a link to a trade discussion?

Are you a trade user? An SDS battery drill might make sense for some trade
uses. But almost certainly not for DIY work.

--
*To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated, but not be able to say it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
raden

In message lgate.org,
Michael Mcneil writes
"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message
news:db3b5dbbcd2669d55fb71a59e07b6986.45219@mygat e.mailgate.org

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

I was initially impressed with the 32 responses garnered in my absence.
Then I discovered it was flame war drivvel perpetrated by people who
have the mental clarity of geese.

Kindly snip your replies to the germaine, so that interested parties,
not engaged in petty tribalism, can read the message appended to the
otherwise long list of "which turkey posted what" gobblers;
allowing those of us who wish to know better, to click quickly past such
low melodrama.

I'm after a machine that I don't have to climb down several sets of
ladders to replace a battery every half hour. Should the drill with the
longest useful battery life fail to perform as intended it will go back
to the supplier for a refund, no hastle.

Now, grow up, or shut up.

You're flogging a dead horse sunshine

--
geoff
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

But you've recommended constantly cheap DIY store ****e.

Because it's better than Bosch.

What a fool.

It is the only sensible thing he has ever said in his whole life. I was a
fool for buying Bosch.

Doctor Drivel

. uk...

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Something with decent quality 3Ah NiMh batteries.... Blue Bosch,
Makita, possibly Hitachi as well. DeWalt may have something also.

I'd gathered I was going to have to get something from the top. I dare
say it will boil down to weight and price, I will have to look for
something with 3 batteries.

It's just that with a 110, dragging a wire around modern scaffolding is
right pain.

I rate my second hand (and still going strong) Hitachi as a far better
performer for both battery life and available power than my new Blue

Bosch.

I would agree with that. Bosch is crap.

Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
In message lgate.org,
Michael Mcneil writes
[...]

Maxie, I have to agree with you. The loonies will emerge.

Andy Dingley

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:34:53 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

you can't change the laws of physics,

"change" is an irregular verb. When the object is "the laws of physics"
it always conjugates as "ye canna"

Andy Hall

wrote:

you can't change the laws of physics,

"change" is an irregular verb. When the object is "the laws of physics"
it always conjugates as "ye canna"

As in "the engines canna tek it captain". etc....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
raden

In message , Andy Dingley
writes
wrote:

you can't change the laws of physics,

"change" is an irregular verb. When the object is "the laws of physics"
it always conjugates as "ye canna"

Well, it did up until last week

--
geoff

John Laird

wrote:

you can't change the laws of physics,

"change" is an irregular verb. When the object is "the laws of physics"
it always conjugates as "ye canna"

As in "the engines canna tek it captain". etc....

It's a softer sound, almost like a y. Correct spelling is cannae.

[I'll get me coat.]

--
Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!
David Lang

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

As in "the engines canna tek it captain". etc....

I thought it was the dilythium crystals?

Dave

ARWadsworth

eenews.net...

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Something with decent quality 3Ah NiMh batteries.... Blue Bosch,
Makita, possibly Hitachi as well. DeWalt may have something also.

I'd gathered I was going to have to get something from the top. I dare
say it will boil down to weight and price, I will have to look for
something with 3 batteries.

It's just that with a 110, dragging a wire around modern scaffolding is
right pain.

I rate my second hand (and still going strong) Hitachi as a far better
performer for both battery life and available power than my new Blue

Bosch.

I would agree with that. Bosch is crap.

I did not say it was crap. It is just that I found my Hitachi to be better.
It may not be a like for like comparison (I do not know how much the Hitachi
would be if new) but both are 24V.

Adam

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
It is the only sensible thing he has ever said in his whole life. I was a
fool for buying Bosch.

Didn't know they made hacksaws?

--
*Life is hard; then you nap

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:
you can't change the laws of physics,

"change" is an irregular verb. When the object is "the laws of physics"
it always conjugates as "ye canna"

Sadly, he's dead.

--
*Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
It is the only sensible thing he has ever said in his whole life. I was a
fool for buying Bosch.

I've got a Bosch jigsaw. Random orbit sander. Electric chisel. All superb.
No cordless Bosch tools, though. But then, you recommend PPPro crap as
used by 'all' the professionals you know.

--
*Plagiarism saves time *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
OldBill

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Andy Hall" wrote in message

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:15:24 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:54:26 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
om...

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:26:49 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Bosch have a poor reliability record..

According to who?

I know the green tools are variable in quality, but everyone I

know

with

any blue ones is very pleased with them.

I know many who give them a wide berth as I do. I have had

problems

with

every Bosch tool I have ever had and amounts to about 4 or 5.

Never

again.

Blue ones? Which?

Both.

Product?

Bosch. About 4 or 5 of them.

Which?

Bosch. Cor.

I know of 2 guys, 1 my son, who have had trouble with blue Bosch corded
drills. Either the gearbox jammed or the chuck broke. This was with
light DIY use.
Cost of repair was exhorbitant.
Rod

"David Lang" wrote in news:KvlGe.250551
:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

As in "the engines canna tek it captain". etc....

I thought it was the dilythium crystals?

Lithium, atomic number = 3.

Hence, Di-Lithium, atomic number = 6.

Atomic number = 6, ah, that's Carbon.

So the Enterprise was coal powered?

Note that the engines are fitted with dilithium crystal articulation
frames. I guess that's stardate 44247-speak for a grate?

--
Rod
Doctor Drivel

"OldBill" wrote in message

wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Doctor Drivel wrote:

[...]

They are a waste of expensive time, living on past glories. The repair
costs mean you may as well go out and buy a Ryobi and ditch the Bosch crap.

I was talking a to heating engineer today. In the back of his van he had a
raft of power tool boxes, all Ryobi, except the Hitachi core duill. I asked
him how they stood up. He was satisfied, and said they are not quite as
good as Hitachi or Makita, but a fraction of the price. He also has been
bitten by Bosch.

BTW, http://www.protrade.co.uk have deals on Ryobi's. The Ryobi router is
the biggest selling pro router. I think the RE601

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:

It is the only sensible thing he has ever said in his whole life. I was

fool for buying Bosch.

I've got a Bosch jigsaw. Random orbit sander. Electric chisel. All superb.

They are not superb. You are telling lies.

snip babble

David Lang

"Rod" wrote in message
Lithium, atomic number = 3.

Hence, Di-Lithium, atomic number = 6.

Atomic number = 6, ah, that's Carbon.

So the Enterprise was coal powered?

Note that the engines are fitted with dilithium crystal articulation
frames. I guess that's stardate 44247-speak for a grate?

Beam me up Rod.

BTW - did you know Captain Kirk had three ears?

The left ear, the right ear - and the final front ear...............

Dave

John Rumm

David Lang wrote:

BTW - did you know Captain Kirk had three ears?

The left ear, the right ear - and the final front ear...............

And Lt. Uhura was white until William Shat on her...

Oh, and don't go near the management toilet - it still blocked with the
captain's log!

--
Cheers,

John.

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

"change" is an irregular verb. When the object is "the laws of physics"
it always conjugates as "ye canna"

Sadly, he's dead.

Surprised me to find out that he was a Canadian, not a Scot.

--
AJL
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I've got a Bosch jigsaw. Random orbit sander. Electric chisel. All
superb.

They are not superb.

You have these too? Which models?

You are telling lies.

I'll let others decide.

--
*Pride is what we have. Vanity is what others have.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
David Lang wrote:
BTW - did you know Captain Kirk had three ears?

The left ear, the right ear - and the final front ear...............

Recycled from Davy Crocket...

--
*I don't have a license to kill, but I do have a learner's permit.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:
Sadly, he's dead.

Surprised me to find out that he was a Canadian, not a Scot.

No surprise to any Scot, given the accent. ;-)

--
*If PROGRESS is for advancement, what does that make CONGRESS mean?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
I've got a Bosch jigsaw. Random orbit sander. Electric chisel. All
superb.

They are not superb.

You have these too?

Bosch are not very good. And as your have never been out of the boxes, I'm
sure they look the part.

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
I've got a Bosch jigsaw. Random orbit sander. Electric chisel. All
superb.

They are not superb.

You have these too? Which models?

You are telling lies.

I'll let others decide.

Yes, definitely telling lies.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Huge wrote:
Well, when Drivel says "Bosch is crap" you know that's the brand to get.

(My Bosch jigsaw has outlived 3 B&D ones...)

Yup. It's one of the best tools I have on the satisfaction of use scale.

Of course it could be that their latest ones ain't so well made. But
Drivel will have no knowledge of that either.

--
*I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't care.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I've got a Bosch jigsaw. Random orbit sander. Electric chisel. All
superb.

They are not superb.

You have these too?

Bosch are not very good. And as your have never been out of the boxes,
I'm sure they look the part.

So you have no actual experience of them, then?

Other than looking at the pretty colours in the display?

The bar room DIYer has given us his 'wisdom' again.

Perhaps you'd do a comparative review of hacksaws? Which ones do the least
damage to plastic pipes?

--
*Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
John Rumm

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Of course it could be that their latest ones ain't so well made. But
Drivel will have no knowledge of that either.

No, the blue Bosch barrel bodied jigsaws are still very well regarded.

--
Cheers,

John.

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
I've got a Bosch jigsaw. Random orbit sander. Electric chisel. All
superb.

They are not superb.

You have these too?

Bosch are not very good. And as your have never been out of the boxes,
I'm sure they look the part.

So you have no

snip more wandering babbling senile crivel

Doctor Drivel

"Huge" wrote in message
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
It is the only sensible thing he has ever said in his whole life. I was

fool for buying Bosch.

I've got a Bosch jigsaw. Random orbit sander. Electric chisel. All

superb.
No cordless Bosch tools, though. But then, you recommend PPPro crap as
used by 'all' the professionals you know.

Well, when Drivel says "Bosch is crap" you know that's the brand to get.

Please do me a favour and buy all Bosch. You and Bosch deserve each other.

Rick

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:49:20 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Michael Mcneil wrote:

I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Any suggestions?

Something with decent quality 3Ah NiMh batteries.... Blue Bosch, Makita,
possibly Hitachi as well. DeWalt may have something also.

DeWalt are 100%, esp as I live 5 mins walk from a repair center. No
question, zero cost repairs. I have decisded some of the cheep dewalt
models are not much fun, and the beefy ones need geoff capes to lift
up the scaffold in the first place.

Rick

Mike Dodd

Michael Mcneil wrote:
I'm after a battery SDS it must have a long battery life.

Any suggestions?

So, Michael, having spawned a huge flame war... any closer to a decision?