John Cartmell

Default Insulated concrete

I'm working my way through conservatory leaflets, descriptions, how tos, &c
and have encountered the phrase 'insulated concrete' as the mixture used in
the base of a conservatory.
What is 'insulated concrete'?

Rick

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:11:37 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

I'm working my way through conservatory leaflets, descriptions, how tos, &c
and have encountered the phrase 'insulated concrete' as the mixture used in
the base of a conservatory.
What is 'insulated concrete'?

Is it a pile of insulation fitted under the concrete floor ?

John Cartmell

wrote:

I'm working my way through conservatory leaflets, descriptions, how tos, &c
and have encountered the phrase 'insulated concrete' as the mixture used in
the base of a conservatory.
What is 'insulated concrete'?

Is it a pile of insulation fitted under the concrete floor ?

Apparently not. The phrase is:
"We then pour approx 100mm of insulated concrete to form floor to specified
level, ..."

Does 'insulated concrete' exist or is this advertising hype? Can you add
something to concrete to give it insulating properties?

Rick

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:47:50 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

wrote:

I'm working my way through conservatory leaflets, descriptions, how tos, &c
and have encountered the phrase 'insulated concrete' as the mixture used in
the base of a conservatory.
What is 'insulated concrete'?

Is it a pile of insulation fitted under the concrete floor ?

Apparently not. The phrase is:
"We then pour approx 100mm of insulated concrete to form floor to specified
level, ..."

Does 'insulated concrete' exist or is this advertising hype? Can you add
something to concrete to give it insulating properties?

Maybe they mean whats also known as "feathercrete", where they add an
agent into the mix to make bubbles of air. This is not anywhere neer
as insulating as a good bit of kingspan.

Sounds like marketing ******** to me though.

Rick

Rick

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:57:27 +0100, wrote:

On 26 Jul,
John Cartmell wrote:

Apparently not. The phrase is: "We then pour approx 100mm of insulated
concrete to form floor to specified level, ..."

Does 'insulated concrete' exist or is this advertising hype? Can you add
something to concrete to give it insulating properties?

At one time vermiculite was used with cement for insulating purposes (back
boilers). Is it something like that? Is vermiculite still available

Yep, you can still buy it.

Nick Finnigan

John Cartmell wrote:
I'm working my way through conservatory leaflets, descriptions, how tos, &c
and have encountered the phrase 'insulated concrete' as the mixture used in
the base of a conservatory.
What is 'insulated concrete'?

Something like RMC's Trenchfloor I expect; not very well explained at:
http://200.23.29.158/page.asp?id=2138

How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Repair 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
Repairing concrete floor in shop Todd Fatheree Woodworking 10 June 3rd 04 08:18 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
Help with concrete! Alexander Galkin Home Repair 4 August 16th 03 04:40 AM