Rick

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:47:50 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

In article ,
Rick wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:11:37 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

I'm working my way through conservatory leaflets, descriptions, how tos, &c
and have encountered the phrase 'insulated concrete' as the mixture used in
the base of a conservatory.
What is 'insulated concrete'?

Is it a pile of insulation fitted under the concrete floor ?

Apparently not. The phrase is:
"We then pour approx 100mm of insulated concrete to form floor to specified
level, ..."

Does 'insulated concrete' exist or is this advertising hype? Can you add
something to concrete to give it insulating properties?

Maybe they mean whats also known as "feathercrete", where they add an
agent into the mix to make bubbles of air. This is not anywhere neer
as insulating as a good bit of kingspan.

Sounds like marketing ******** to me though.

Rick