mreks

Default Painting house exterior

Hi,

Had a bit of a windfall so can afford to get my house in York painted
but the painter says he can't fit me in until beginning of October.

I'm no decorator but sounds a bit late to me. Should I wait until next year?

ben

mreks wrote:
Hi,

Had a bit of a windfall so can afford to get my house in York painted
but the painter says he can't fit me in until beginning of October.

I'm no decorator but sounds a bit late to me. Should I wait until
next year?

Tell him to stuff it and find one that can do the job, your paying the bill
remember.

PGH

"ben" wrote in message
. uk...
mreks wrote:
Hi,

Had a bit of a windfall so can afford to get my house in York painted
but the painter says he can't fit me in until beginning of October.

I'm no decorator but sounds a bit late to me. Should I wait until
next year?

Tell him to stuff it and find one that can do the job, your paying the

bill
remember.

Is there only one painter / decorator in York?

Timfy

"PGH" wrote in message

"ben" wrote in message
. uk...
mreks wrote:
Hi,

Had a bit of a windfall so can afford to get my house in York painted
but the painter says he can't fit me in until beginning of October.

I'm no decorator but sounds a bit late to me. Should I wait until
next year?

Tell him to stuff it and find one that can do the job, your paying the

bill
remember.

Is there only one painter / decorator in York?

The painters with a good reputation are probably already fully booked up for
the summer. The crap ones however....

Ask around and check out the quality of peoples work. One of our local
decorators carries a dirty great photo album around with him to show
prospective customers his workmanship. It's unlikely you'll book him until
next year!!!

As long as you can avoid frost and rain for the duration of the job, the
time of year shouldn't have much bearing on a properly done job.

The Only Painter / Decorator in York

Is there only one painter / decorator in York?

Yes, and I'm bloody busy at the moment.

Mary Fisher

"Timfy" wrote in message

As long as you can avoid frost and rain for the duration of the job, the
time of year shouldn't have much bearing on a properly done job.

You don't get much frost in York.

Rain, however ... :-(

Mary

ben

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Timfy" wrote in message

As long as you can avoid frost and rain for the duration of the job,
the time of year shouldn't have much bearing on a properly done job.

You don't get much frost in York.

Rain, however ... :-(

Mary

Yeah but I bet you can get Morse though. :-)

Dave

The Only Painter / Decorator in York wrote:

Is there only one painter / decorator in York?

Yes, and I'm bloody busy at the moment.

LOL

It had to happen, sooner or later :-)

Dave
Peter Johnson

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:56:18 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

As long as you can avoid frost and rain for the duration of the job, the
time of year shouldn't have much bearing on a properly done job.

You don't get much frost in York.

Rain, however ... :-(

That's why decorators' merchants sell a lot of pliolite masonry paint
in the autumn. (I'm told that if it's been on the wall more than 15-20
minutes it won't get washed off by rain.)