Timfy

"PGH" wrote in message

"ben" wrote in message
. uk...
mreks wrote:
Hi,

Had a bit of a windfall so can afford to get my house in York painted
but the painter says he can't fit me in until beginning of October.

I'm no decorator but sounds a bit late to me. Should I wait until
next year?

Tell him to stuff it and find one that can do the job, your paying the

bill
remember.

Is there only one painter / decorator in York?

The painters with a good reputation are probably already fully booked up for
the summer. The crap ones however....

Ask around and check out the quality of peoples work. One of our local
decorators carries a dirty great photo album around with him to show
prospective customers his workmanship. It's unlikely you'll book him until
next year!!!

As long as you can avoid frost and rain for the duration of the job, the
time of year shouldn't have much bearing on a properly done job.