jg

Default Router Springs

After the excellent response to the router base question, I now know I need
some Countersunk Machine Screws.

Got another question for you all,
How do I remove the springs from this router?

I've looked and can't see how it's actually held together.

The main body is half plastic, half metal. Don't see how to get these
appart, can't see any bolts that are holding them together. I can take off
one panel where the power switch is and I can see the spring (on one side)
but I can't get it out. The other side is sealed.

Looking at the bottom of the router, after removing the base, I can see
inside the pillars. One has some kind of round clip with two little holse in
it (circlip?)
The otehr pillar doesn't have one of these as far as I can see. I'm a little
nervous about removing this clip as I'm not sure what will come off and if
i'll ever get it back on

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

ben

jg wrote:
[...]

Would help if you gave the Model?

ben

jg wrote:
I'm betting it's not a known brand.

It's a "Craft" branded router bought from ALDI for £20

Thanks

[snipped]

Oh! well that rules me out.

To get the springs offa mine I just unscrew 2 black nut screws on the guides
and it comes apart.

Bob Minchin

jg wrote in message ...
[...]

There will not be a universal way for taking off the springs. This will
depend on your particular router. I suspect you might want to remove them to
make it easier to adjust the router height? If so googling for 'router
raiser' might give you some ideas.

Bob

John Rumm

Bob Minchin wrote:

There will not be a universal way for taking off the springs. This will
depend on your particular router. I suspect you might want to remove them to
make it easier to adjust the router height? If so googling for 'router
raiser' might give you some ideas.

Something like:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...=29562&recno=8

may help

--
Cheers,

John.

David Lang

It's a "Craft" branded router bought from ALDI for £20

Then you are jolly lucky it has springs at all :-)

Dave

Mike Dodd

jg wrote:
[...]

Without seeing the beasty its hard to guess. If this is a one-way
conversion, why not (using an OLD pair of electrician's wire cutters)
just cut the spring away?

jg

Yeah, I had thought of that, but the problem is, I can only get to one of
the springs.

so my router would then be a bit lop sided

John Rumm

jg wrote:

Yeah, I had thought of that, but the problem is, I can only get to one of
the springs.

so my router would then be a bit lop sided

Why are you trying to take them off?

--
Cheers,

John.

jg

To make it easier to adjust when the router is mounted upside down unde rthe
table.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to jg, Dave wrote:
If we are talking about the Aldi 1200W router then remove the springs as
follows:
Remove the motor brush housing cover - 4 screws.
Remove the base plate tube plugs/covers - single screw each.
Fully depress the plunge springs and apply the lock.
Remove the 'circlips' from the top of the base plate tubes - circlip pliers
are essential to reach.
Release the lock under control and withdraw the base plate with tubes and
springs - a gentle tap on the inner face of the base plate may be necessary to
release the tubes.
Extract the springs from the dust bellows and refit to tubes.
Insert tubes into router body and refit the circlips, plug covers and brush
housing cover.
Works like atreat with a router table.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...gs-736965-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 1 September 2018 17:14:05 UTC+1, Dave wrote:
replying to jg, Dave wrote:
If we are talking about the Aldi 1200W router then remove the springs as
follows:
Remove the motor brush housing cover - 4 screws.
Remove the base plate tube plugs/covers - single screw each.
Fully depress the plunge springs and apply the lock.
Remove the 'circlips' from the top of the base plate tubes - circlip pliers
are essential to reach.
Release the lock under control and withdraw the base plate with tubes and
springs - a gentle tap on the inner face of the base plate may be necessary to
release the tubes.
Extract the springs from the dust bellows and refit to tubes.
Insert tubes into router body and refit the circlips, plug covers and brush
housing cover.
Works like atreat with a router table.

you reckon he still has it unfixed after asking 13 years ago?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to tabbypurr, Dave wrote:
Probably not but others may ask the question at some time.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...gs-736965-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks, exactly what I need. It's nice when someone knows what they are talking about than guess like most of the comments.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...gs-736965-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ironically of course, this post, coming as it does from the most annoying
usenet portal on the web completely loses the original reply.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Daveman999" wrote in message
groupdirect.com...
Thanks, exactly what I need. It's nice when someone knows what they are
talking about than guess like most of the comments.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...gs-736965-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi just got the 1250W work zone router on ebay having the same problem easy to remove spring on one side very difficult to remove other side will look again thanks for post Tony

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...gs-736965-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

For me it was just a matter of persevering. i was about to give up on removing either, but then i just seemed to get the knack and ive had them on and off 2 or 3 times.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...gs-736965-.htm