John

Default Laminate Flooring

A friend of my wifes has asked me to lay some laminate flooring (Click type)
for them in their hall. The hall was originally fitted with glue type
laminate flooring, which they have now removed. The original installation
was done with the flooring put under the (cut) architraves etc. Does anybody
have any tips/experience as to how I can get the last run of flooring under
any architratraves that are already cut. If it was glue type I would just
cut to suit, slide under the architrave and 'pull back' into position, but
with click type this would not be easy! Any tips or ideas most welcome.

Cheeers

John

BigWallop

"John" wrote in message
A friend of my wifes has asked me to lay some laminate flooring (Click

type)
for them in their hall. The hall was originally fitted with glue type
laminate flooring, which they have now removed. The original installation
was done with the flooring put under the (cut) architraves etc. Does

anybody
have any tips/experience as to how I can get the last run of flooring

under
any architratraves that are already cut. If it was glue type I would just
cut to suit, slide under the architrave and 'pull back' into position, but
with click type this would not be easy! Any tips or ideas most welcome.

Cheeers

John

If they are decorating the hall after the floor is fitted, then remove all
the skirting boards and architraves before fitting the flooring. You still
need the expansion gap around the edges though. Then replace the woodwork.
It makes a fantastic finish to the flooring, and makes life a lot easier for
the floor fitter. Remember too, to leave a small gap between the skirting
and flooring to allow for expansion there as well.

If they have just decorated the hall, then you can use the technique of
lifting the floor in the middle to slide it under the woodwork, but it's a
hard job to do if you haven't tried it before, and needs the aid of one more
person, usually, to make it happen.

So, my advice is tell them that you need to remove the skirting and
architrave to make the job look beautiful, or your not doing it for them.
:-)

Junior Member

Location: Kent, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
If it was glue type I would just
cut to suit, slide under the architrave and 'pull back' into position, but
with click type this would not be easy! Any tips or ideas most welcome.

Cheeers

John
Do as you suggest aboven, but cut of the 'click' bit thirst, then glue it.
Wood likes water as long it's a tree. After that....
www.wood-you-like-diy.co.uk

BigWallop

"Big Ron" wrote in message
Forget the laminate mate - she's after your sparrow

Now that's a different type of laying all together, and requires great skill
to obtain the perfect finish on the hole..........sorry, whole. :-) LOL