jez

Default New toilet

Hi, my elderly mother has recently moved in with us & I would like to
install a small cloakroom in her bedroom.

Are there any regulations which would exclude a toilet in a bedroom?

I can site the toilet & cistern against an outside wall. Can I take the
waste pipe straight through an outside wall? Or does the waste pipe have to
go down through the floor before going through the outside wall.

Thanks for looking.

jez.

BigWallop

"jez" wrote in message
news:1121121808.ff9949366ecff194b8c137d64a3a3871@t eranews...
Hi, my elderly mother has recently moved in with us & I would like to
install a small cloakroom in her bedroom.

Are there any regulations which would exclude a toilet in a bedroom?

I can site the toilet & cistern against an outside wall. Can I take the
waste pipe straight through an outside wall? Or does the waste pipe have

go down through the floor before going through the outside wall.

Thanks for looking.

jez.

There are regulations for air venting a toilet room, so that is one part
you'd need to do research on through your local building control people.
You will need to isolate the loo area from the rest of the room to reduce
cross contamination to a sleeping area, and also install hand washing
facilities along side the toilet system.

Drainage and waste water need to be connected to a full stack pipe that is
air vented above the guttering or ridge height of the roof depending on the
construction of your property. The stack pipe needs to be at least 110 mm
internal diameter and have rodding access points at or just before each
change of direction, but not counting the loo connection point.

The drainage also needs to be tested for gas tightness on all points that
carry solid waste beyond sub terrain ground water traps, and these tests
must be recorded for building control inspection and consent.

RedOnRed

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"jez" wrote in message
[...]

Blimey, I never knew having a dump could be so complicated.

BigWallop

"RedOnRed" wrote in message

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"jez" wrote in message
[...]

Having the dump isn't complicated, well, not all the time, but getting rid
of it without having the smells, explosive gases and germs going to places
you don't want them is the complicated part. :-)