Default Electric or CH Towel Rail?

Hello All

Need some of your advice again!

I have removed an old electric towel rail from my ensuite which is in
the process of being converted to a wetroom as you may have already
heard

Now the oid towel rail was a pile of rubbish and did very little to
a: provide any heat to the room which has no other heating in it or to
b: dry towels.

Based upon this I *was* going to install a wet one. After googling this
group I have found that the best way based on my requirements to plumb
this, would of been to run it from the boiler feed before it passes
through any diverter valves. The problem I have is that the boiler is
in the kitchen and the valves are next to it in a cupboard.
Unfortunately from there to the old ensuite is a fair old distance and
it would be a bit of a pain in the butt to run pipes up through the
ceiling and then into the loft and then across the loft and then down
the wall to the towel rail.

So my question is are electric ones any good nowdays? I think the old
towel rail could of been 15 years old but I'm not sure, I'm assuming
there was oil inside it but again I'm unsure. I guess the only reason I
was going the wet root was due to the performance of the old, which
also seemed to take forever to warm up.

Now if I could take the feed from somewhere else like near the hot
water cylinder it would be really easy as the wetroom is directly
underneath as the hot water cylinder is in the loft.

Any comments, advice?

TIA

Cheers

Richard

Thanks for the advice Andrew. Unfortunately SWMBO insist on a heated
towel rail of some kind. After posting I had a thought that I could
simply purchase one of those dual powered rails so I could plumb this
into the CH system so it will be on in the winter, just like a normal
rad, and in the summer we could rely on the heating element. Thinking
about this some more I'm not so sure I would need it on in the summer
at all this could just be wasted effort on my part. Also the wetroom
willl have UFH as its primary heat source.

Cheers

Richard

Jeff

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the advice Andrew. Unfortunately SWMBO insist on a heated
towel rail of some kind. After posting I had a thought that I could
simply purchase one of those dual powered rails so I could plumb this
into the CH system so it will be on in the winter, just like a normal
rad, and in the summer we could rely on the heating element. Thinking
about this some more I'm not so sure I would need it on in the summer
at all this could just be wasted effort on my part. Also the wetroom
willl have UFH as its primary heat source.

We drape the towels over the rad, in the winter they are dry and warm but in
the summer they are always wet so i dont think it would be wasted effort

Regards Jeff