Default Any suggestons for this Gas Central Heating Problem? (Whooshing sounds)

Hope someone can pinpoint this problem and suggest some solution/
advice. Our Central Heating system is making a loud whooshing sound at
start up. We think the gas boiler (8 yrs old) is drawing in air into
the hot water tank and this is the source of the noise.Is our diagnosis
right? How can we pinpoint the fault in the system? Thanks for all your
time. denise )

denise

Okay John -Will get back tomorrow with this info.Thanks John.denise

denise

Hello Geoff & John. My dad has now got a bit more detail: (1) The
boiler is a Potterton Profile (no model no. as yet) and is situated in
the attic/loft. (2) We have a sealed system - but it does have vents at
the top of the boiler (3) no visible leaks. (4) the pressure is not
dropping - it is currently set at minimum. (5) we do not have a header
tank. (6) this whooshing sound is ONLY present when the hot water is
ON. There is NO problem if the central heating is switched on (7) these
sounds come from the hot water tank.

I hope this helps you to offer a bit of advice.

Warm regards
denise )

raden

In message . com,
denise writes
Hello Geoff & John. My dad has now got a bit more detail: (1) The
boiler is a Potterton Profile (no model no. as yet) and is situated in
the attic/loft. (2) We have a sealed system - but it does have vents at
the top of the boiler (3) no visible leaks. (4) the pressure is not
dropping - it is currently set at minimum. (5) we do not have a header
tank. (6) this whooshing sound is ONLY present when the hot water is
ON. There is NO problem if the central heating is switched on (7) these
sounds come from the hot water tank.

So is the woosh the gas igniting abd the going out again?

Or does it woosh and then work ?

--
geoff
denise

Hello Geoff.

My dad is getting is calling in a CH Engineer. But my dad would like to
pass his thanks on to you and John for finding the time and taking the
trouble to offer your advice and comments.

All the best
denise