AlexW

Default Slate Floor Tile Suppliers?

Anyone got a recommendation for cheap but good quality source of slate
floor tiles for a conservatory floor? Approx 12m2 required.

Of course I'll do the normal google/yellow pages trawl but if anyone has
any pointers I would be grateful.

TIA,

Alex.

Chris Bacon

AlexW wrote:
Anyone got a recommendation for cheap but good quality source of slate
floor tiles for a conservatory floor?

There's no such thing, unfortunately. Introduce the word "relatively".
Andy Hall

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:21:03 +0100, AlexW
wrote:

Anyone got a recommendation for cheap but good quality source of slate
floor tiles for a conservatory floor? Approx 12m2 required.

Of course I'll do the normal google/yellow pages trawl but if anyone has
any pointers I would be grateful.

TIA,

Alex.

Stonell...

http://www.stonelldirect.com/index.asp

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

Pecanfan

Anyone got a recommendation for cheap but good quality source of slate
floor tiles for a conservatory floor? Approx 12m2 required.

Of course I'll do the normal google/yellow pages trawl but if anyone has
any pointers I would be grateful.

Wickes do them - seem pretty cheap to me - no idea about the quality though.
Anyone got any experience of these ones? ...was planning on using them
myself.

Andy

Lobster

Pecanfan wrote:
Anyone got a recommendation for cheap but good quality source of slate
floor tiles for a conservatory floor? Approx 12m2 required.

Wickes do them - seem pretty cheap to me - no idea about the quality though.
Anyone got any experience of these ones? ...was planning on using them
myself.

I bought a single pack not long ago specifically to tile an external
doorstep. I've never done any slate tiling before so it's hard for me
to judge, but well, slate is slate and they seemed fine to me, even if
my technique wasn't :-(

--
David

andrewpreece

"AlexW" wrote in message
Anyone got a recommendation for cheap but good quality source of slate
floor tiles for a conservatory floor? Approx 12m2 required.

Of course I'll do the normal google/yellow pages trawl but if anyone has
any pointers I would be grateful.

TIA,

Alex.

Nicholls and Clarke. They may also trade as Nicobond. Try www.ncdirect.co.uk

They do various different slates, I used a rustic chinese slate ( everything
comes
from there now doesn't it?!!! ) which I believe goes by the name of Harvest
Time,
something like £14 per sq.yd. I think they deliver if you want that.

Andy.

The Natural Philosopher

AlexW wrote:

Anyone got a recommendation for cheap but good quality source of slate
floor tiles for a conservatory floor? Approx 12m2 required.

Of course I'll do the normal google/yellow pages trawl but if anyone has
any pointers I would be grateful.

TIA,

Alex.

I giot te best deal locally - Smith and Wareham Bury St Edmunds.
'Montauk' about 25 -27 a sq meter of greeny grey slate well riven and honed.

AlexW

wrote:

Anyone got a recommendation for cheap but good quality source of slate
floor tiles for a conservatory floor? Approx 12m2 required.

Of course I'll do the normal google/yellow pages trawl but if anyone has
any pointers I would be grateful.

TIA,

Alex.

Stonell...

http://www.stonelldirect.com/index.asp

Cheers. Looks like some nice stuff on this swish site.

Alex
AlexW

Pecanfan wrote:
Anyone got a recommendation for cheap but good quality source of slate
floor tiles for a conservatory floor? Approx 12m2 required.

Of course I'll do the normal google/yellow pages trawl but if anyone has
any pointers I would be grateful.

Wickes do them - seem pretty cheap to me - no idea about the quality though.
Anyone got any experience of these ones? ...was planning on using them
myself.

Andy

Checked out Wickes ... about £16 per m2 for the record.

Thickness seemed more variable than I expected and I have not yet
compared to other samples etc for relative quality.

Cheers,

Alex.
AlexW

andrewpreece wrote:
snip/

thank for the info ...

Alex.

Andy Hall

wrote:

Anyone got a recommendation for cheap but good quality source of slate
floor tiles for a conservatory floor? Approx 12m2 required.

Of course I'll do the normal google/yellow pages trawl but if anyone has
any pointers I would be grateful.

TIA,

Alex.

Stonell...

http://www.stonelldirect.com/index.asp

Cheers. Looks like some nice stuff on this swish site.

Alex

It's worth going to a showroom if you can. They often have special
deals and not all they sell is very expensive, although some is.

I would definitely get some sample pieces and lay them down and look
for a few days.

The other thing is to decide on tile size. Larger ones are more
expensive per unit area normally, but can make a room look larger.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

Slate sill suppliers in UK... Mike Deblis UK diy 4 June 28th 05 10:37 PM
help, asphalt roof installed over slate Keith A. Schneider Home Ownership 10 June 18th 05 01:03 PM
OT - Christians defend GWB Cliff Metalworking 223 March 2nd 05 05:12 AM
Slate Roof Question Grur Home Repair 8 March 16th 04 10:56 AM
New roof; slate or tiled N. Thornton UK diy 0 October 26th 03 02:18 PM