ElectriciansForum

Default NICEIC Contractors

Any NICEIC Contractors out there had any experience of doing any testing on
behalf of the LABC for DIY installations falling under Part 'P' ?

--

Ellis Greensitt, SiteAdmin, UK Electricians Forum
http://supplychain.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

Dave

"ElectriciansForum" wrote in message
Any NICEIC Contractors out there had any experience of doing any testing

on
behalf of the LABC for DIY installations falling under Part 'P' ?

FX: Tumbleweed

so that'd be a no then...

\tumbleweed

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Dave" writes:
"ElectriciansForum" wrote in message
Any NICEIC Contractors out there had any experience of doing any testing

on
behalf of the LABC for DIY installations falling under Part 'P' ?

so that'd be a no then...

When I spoke about it with my BCO (before Part P came into force),
he said the BCO's were expected to do the inspections themselves by
the ODPM, just as they are with all the other things they inspect.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Andy Hall

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:57:03 +0100, "Dave" wrote:

"ElectriciansForum" wrote in message
Any NICEIC Contractors out there had any experience of doing any testing

on
behalf of the LABC for DIY installations falling under Part 'P' ?

FX: Tumbleweed

so that'd be a no then...

\tumbleweed

Perhaps he'll learn that Usenet is not a business promotion forum....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

Dave

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:57:03 +0100, "Dave" wrote:

"ElectriciansForum" wrote in message

Perhaps he'll learn that Usenet is not a business promotion forum....

quite.

Martin Angove

In message ,
"ElectriciansForum" wrote:

Any NICEIC Contractors out there had any experience of doing any testing on
behalf of the LABC for DIY installations falling under Part 'P' ?

Apparently (and I haven't had it confirmed in writing), my "domestic
installer" status means that I can't do this sort of thing. I can
certify all sorts of work I do myself or my employees do for me, but it
seems the NICEIC don't want me doing Periodic Inspections and so I can't
certify other people's work, nor (unfortunately) do certificates when
people move house.

Last time I spoke to a BC department they were looking to appoint one or
two of the "big" local companies to do the work for them.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... Laddie, ya think ya might like ta ... rephrase that?
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Martin Angove writes:
Apparently (and I haven't had it confirmed in writing), my "domestic
installer" status means that I can't do this sort of thing. I can
certify all sorts of work I do myself or my employees do for me, but it
seems the NICEIC don't want me doing Periodic Inspections and so I can't
certify other people's work, nor (unfortunately) do certificates when
people move house.

What's it got to do with NICEIC?

Last time I spoke to a BC department they were looking to appoint one or
two of the "big" local companies to do the work for them.

The BCO can choose whoever they like to do the inspection. There's
no requirement that the BCO uses an electrician with any specific
certification/membership/PartP status. Indeed they can accept an
inspection performed by a DIY-er if they consider the DIY-er compitent
(and I think someone here has recently said they've done it that way).

The requirement for using a PartP approved Electrician is only for the
case of _not_ filing a building notice.

--
Andrew Gabriel