Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Martin Angove writes:
Apparently (and I haven't had it confirmed in writing), my "domestic
installer" status means that I can't do this sort of thing. I can
certify all sorts of work I do myself or my employees do for me, but it
seems the NICEIC don't want me doing Periodic Inspections and so I can't
certify other people's work, nor (unfortunately) do certificates when
people move house.

What's it got to do with NICEIC?

Last time I spoke to a BC department they were looking to appoint one or
two of the "big" local companies to do the work for them.

The BCO can choose whoever they like to do the inspection. There's
no requirement that the BCO uses an electrician with any specific
certification/membership/PartP status. Indeed they can accept an
inspection performed by a DIY-er if they consider the DIY-er compitent
(and I think someone here has recently said they've done it that way).

The requirement for using a PartP approved Electrician is only for the
case of _not_ filing a building notice.

--
Andrew Gabriel