chris French

Default Arse , arse, arse :-(

Just replaced the existing built in washer in the house we've just
bought with the old free-standing one we brought with us as the existing
one didn't work properly (realised eventually that it isn't heating up).

After the essential faffing got it in - Hmm, doesn't drain, -slide out
machine, pull drain pipe out of standpipe, fiddle fiddle etc.

Close door on DW, starts pumping, drain pipe not put back in
standpipe........

Arse!, oh well floor needs a wash.......
--
Chris French, Leeds
Mathew J. Newton

chris French wrote:
Just replaced the existing built in washer in the house we've just
bought with the old free-standing one we brought with us as the

existing
one didn't work properly (realised eventually that it isn't heating

up).

After the essential faffing got it in - Hmm, doesn't drain, -slide

out
machine, pull drain pipe out of standpipe, fiddle fiddle etc.

Close door on DW, starts pumping, drain pipe not put back in
standpipe........

Arse!, oh well floor needs a wash.......
--
Chris French, Leeds

If it makes you feel any better, I've just spent almost two solid days
cleaning up a cast iron fireplace from a reclamation yard. The power
drill with a couple of wire brush attachments brought it up a treat to
the point where it looked 'as new'.

I propped it up against the wall outside whilst I popped in for a cuppa
when I heard an almighty crash... the biggest gust of wind ever to
occur in the South West had just knocked it over, cracking it big style
in the process.

Oh how I laughed...

Mary Fisher

" chris French wrote:

Arse!, oh well floor needs a wash.......
--
Chris French, Leeds

NOT LEEDS!!!!!!

... cast iron fireplace ... cracking it big style

Oh how I laughed...

I wouldn't have laughed. I'd have said, "Oh dear" or even "Heckythump".

Mary

Ed

Schoolboy error but forgiveable.

:-)

Peter Andrews

"Mathew J. Newton" wrote in message
oups.com...
chris French wrote:
[...]

You are not alone. Old fence panel leaning against the wall - gust of
wind - nice dent in car wing...

Peter

John White

On Fri, 13 May 2005 13:10:22 +0100, chris French
wrote:

Arse!, oh well floor needs a wash.......

And today's date is...

John
--
John White
SCA Electrical, Manchester http://www.scaelectrical.co.uk/
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Peter Andrews
URL:mailto
You are not alone. Old fence panel leaning against the wall - gust of
wind - nice dent in car wing...

Ditto, only mine had a nail in it. Car had just had that side resprayed
after being "keyed".

EricP

babbled like a waterfall and said:

Just replaced the existing built in washer in the house we've just
bought with the old free-standing one we brought with us as the existing
one didn't work properly (realised eventually that it isn't heating up).

After the essential faffing got it in - Hmm, doesn't drain, -slide out
machine, pull drain pipe out of standpipe, fiddle fiddle etc.

Close door on DW, starts pumping, drain pipe not put back in
standpipe........

Arse!, oh well floor needs a wash.......

I feel quite sad here. I just remove the waste from a blocked sink to
empty into a bucket and then empty the full bucket into the sink.

Mary Fisher

"EricP" wrote in message

I feel quite sad here. I just remove the waste from a blocked sink to
empty into a bucket and then empty the full bucket into the sink.

Now that DID make me laugh :-))))))))))

Mary

p.k.

EricP wrote:

I feel quite sad here. I just remove the waste from a blocked sink to
empty into a bucket and then empty the full bucket into the sink.

Tell me about that one.... take off the u-bend to unblock it. Remove gunge.
Wash in sink! Done that twice!

pk

Reminds me of the story of the university halls-of-residence caretaker
person.
One day said person (used to being the butt of practical jokes) went
back to his room and
spotted the door ajar.
He looked up and spotted a well-balanced bucket of cold water on top of
the door.
Gingerly holding the door he managed to get a hand in and hold the
bucket upright
whilst he lifted it off the door down to safety.
The bloke sighed that the calibre of students in the halls had
diminished, if they thought
that this old trick was going to fool him.
So he walked over to the sink and poured the cold water away, only to
have his
feet soaked since the "belt and braces" students had also removed the
sink trap!

Mungo :-)

Mark Carver

My best one was fitting a new bathroom carpet. I thought I'd be clever and use
the old one as a template to cut the new one with. I carefully drew the
outlines on the new carpet, and cut it.

Proudly went upstairs with it, where to my horror I discovered I'd managed to
produce an exact mirror image of what was actually needed :-(

--
Mark
Mary Fisher

wrote in message
ups.com...

So he walked over to the sink and poured the cold water away, only to
have his
feet soaked since the "belt and braces" students had also removed the
sink trap!

If that's true it must have been in the days of intelligent students ...

Mary

Mungo :-)

Andy Hall

On Fri, 13 May 2005 14:22:43 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

" chris French wrote:

Arse!, oh well floor needs a wash.......
--
Chris French, Leeds

NOT LEEDS!!!!!!

... cast iron fireplace ... cracking it big style

Oh how I laughed...

I wouldn't have laughed. I'd have said, "Oh dear" or even "Heckythump".

Mary

I thought that " 'eckythoomp" was from t'other side of t'Pennines"

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Mary Fisher

wrote:

" chris French wrote:

Arse!, oh well floor needs a wash.......
--
Chris French, Leeds

NOT LEEDS!!!!!!

... cast iron fireplace ... cracking it big style

Oh how I laughed...

I wouldn't have laughed. I'd have said, "Oh dear" or even "Heckythump".

Mary

I thought that " 'eckythoomp" was from t'other side of t'Pennines"

It is.We're frightfully posh at this side of the hill.

Mary

Bob Eager

On Fri, 13 May 2005 12:10:22 UTC, chris French
wrote:

Just replaced the existing built in washer in the house we've just
bought with the old free-standing one we brought with us as the existing
one didn't work properly (realised eventually that it isn't heating up).

After the essential faffing got it in - Hmm, doesn't drain, -slide out
machine, pull drain pipe out of standpipe, fiddle fiddle etc.

Close door on DW, starts pumping, drain pipe not put back in
standpipe........

A bit like the old favourite (sure we've all done it)...remove trap from
sink, clean it out, wash hands/empty bucket down sink...
--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Bob Eager

On Fri, 13 May 2005 15:32:49 UTC, Mark Carver
wrote:

My best one was fitting a new bathroom carpet. I thought I'd be clever and use
the old one as a template to cut the new one with. I carefully drew the
outlines on the new carpet, and cut it.

Proudly went upstairs with it, where to my horror I discovered I'd managed to
produce an exact mirror image of what was actually needed :-(

Done that one too..!

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Lobster

wrote:

Arse!, oh well floor needs a wash.......

And today's date is...

Y'know, I was listening to a piece on the radio about that this
afternoon; they mentioned other superstitions at the same time, like
walking under ladders, black cats etc. At the precise moment I fired up
my angle grinder to chase out some plaster for running cable, I spotted
a lone magpie landing on the lawn outside. Hmm, I thought to myself,
mindful of some of the tales in the ongoing "Angle Grinder Advice"
thread, "do I really want to do this now?".

Oh sod it, yes I do. So I did, *and* I survived to tell the tale.
Which just goes to prove...

David
John Rumm

Mary Fisher wrote:

If that's true it must have been in the days of intelligent students ...

Science ones at that ;-)

Had an interesting chat with a friend ealier. Her daughter sat a mock
GCSE IT / Computer science paper today. There was one hour allocated for
the exam, so she went through the paper, answered all the questions,
then checked her work before leaving the exam. Total time to complete 10
mins!

She read me some of the more trickey questions:

Q) Can a virus be transmitted by email? (Yes/No)

Q) Name an input device?

Picture of section of a spreadsheet

Q) What type of field is in cell B13, is it a) Text?, b) A Number?

Q) (Turtle Graphics) write an example program showing how you might draw
a square...

The even more worring thing was that half the class rated the exam as
"really difficult"!

--
Cheers,

John.

Mary Fisher

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

[...]

Hmm.

Did spelling count?

;-)

Mary

Martin Angove

In message ,
EricP wrote:

I feel quite sad here. I just remove the waste from a blocked sink to
empty into a bucket and then empty the full bucket into the sink.

At a previous place of employment, lady in the kitchen calls me to
unblock a sink. As I am working on the trap, head under the sink, body
blocking an aisle, removing dozens of those little white plastic coffee
stirer things, the SAME lady nearly trips on my legs, leans over me and
tips a pot of old tea (or somesuch) down the blasted sink.

Good think I'm a naturally calm person :-)

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... Hardwa The part you kick.

Suz

Just replaced the existing built in washer in the house we've just
bought with the old free-standing one we brought with us as the existing
one didn't work properly (realised eventually that it isn't heating up).

After the essential faffing got it in - Hmm, doesn't drain, -slide out
machine, pull drain pipe out of standpipe, fiddle fiddle etc.

Close door on DW, starts pumping, drain pipe not put back in
standpipe........

Arse!, oh well floor needs a wash.......

I feel quite sad here. I just remove the waste from a blocked sink to
empty into a bucket and then empty the full bucket into the sink.

Done that before.
It's like when the electric is off and you think "Oh I go and do y... no I
can't.... I'll do x instead... can't do that either...". So then you go
into the living room to watch the TV 'til it comes back on....

doozer

EricP wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2005 13:10:22 +0100, chris French
babbled like a waterfall and said:

Just replaced the existing built in washer in the house we've just
bought with the old free-standing one we brought with us as the existing
one didn't work properly (realised eventually that it isn't heating up).

After the essential faffing got it in - Hmm, doesn't drain, -slide out
machine, pull drain pipe out of standpipe, fiddle fiddle etc.

Close door on DW, starts pumping, drain pipe not put back in
standpipe........

Arse!, oh well floor needs a wash.......

I feel quite sad here. I just remove the waste from a blocked sink to
empty into a bucket and then empty the full bucket into the sink.

Quick solution to stop you doing this is to put the plug in before you
remove the trap / u-bend. Of course if you forget the plug...

--

.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`· Shallow Sea Aquatics .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·
.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ http://www.shallowsea.com ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`
Bob Eager

On Sat, 14 May 2005 14:57:09 UTC, doozer
wrote:

I feel quite sad here. I just remove the waste from a blocked sink to
empty into a bucket and then empty the full bucket into the sink.

Quick solution to stop you doing this is to put the plug in before you
remove the trap / u-bend. Of course if you forget the plug...

Didn't work for me. I just removed the plug, emptied the bucket...!

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!
Adrian C

Bob Eager wrote:

"a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!"

Why are you trying to convert people to extreme ironing? Can't they make
up their own choices for themselves?

:-)

---
Adrian
Bob Eager

On Sat, 14 May 2005 15:33:06 UTC, Adrian C wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

"a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!"

Why are you trying to convert people to extreme ironing? Can't they make
up their own choices for themselves?

:-)

Do you know, I'd actually forgotten the sig content! So thought I'd best
change it...at least slightly.

Actually, it's a subject I bring up when interviewing people...

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

In the days when those "anti-static" strips for motor cars were popular
an acquaintance
bought such universal strips and attached both to her back bumper so
that the
tail of the strip dangled on to the road surface.
Feeling pleased at the install, she cut off the surplus sticking above
the bumper.
Then she jumped into her citroen, started the engine and watched the
rear of the
car's suspension lift the static strips well clear of the road!

I guess all she needed was to wait after stopping the vehicle for the
rear of the
car to sink back down...

Mungo

David Shepherd

On Fri, 13 May 2005 14:54:01 GMT, EricP
wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2005 13:10:22 +0100, chris French
babbled like a waterfall and said:

Just replaced the existing built in washer in the house we've just
bought with the old free-standing one we brought with us as the existing
one didn't work properly (realised eventually that it isn't heating up).

After the essential faffing got it in - Hmm, doesn't drain, -slide out
machine, pull drain pipe out of standpipe, fiddle fiddle etc.

Close door on DW, starts pumping, drain pipe not put back in
standpipe........

Arse!, oh well floor needs a wash.......

I feel quite sad here. I just remove the waste from a blocked sink to
empty into a bucket and then empty the full bucket into the sink.

wish I'd read this when you posted on Friday - then I may not have
copied you on Saturday!!!

David
Ian_m

wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2005 13:10:22 +0100, chris French
babbled like a waterfall and said:

Just replaced the existing built in washer in the house we've just
bought with the old free-standing one we brought with us as the existing
one didn't work properly (realised eventually that it isn't heating up).

After the essential faffing got it in - Hmm, doesn't drain, -slide out
machine, pull drain pipe out of standpipe, fiddle fiddle etc.

Close door on DW, starts pumping, drain pipe not put back in
standpipe........

Arse!, oh well floor needs a wash.......

I feel quite sad here. I just remove the waste from a blocked sink to
empty into a bucket and then empty the full bucket into the sink.

Actually even pro's end up making arse, arse, arse cockups.

Neighbour couple of years ago had bathroom redone, involving moving of
outside waste pipes and soils stacks. Plumber/builder did a grand job inside
them came to repair the empty holes and cut bricks outside. Got a 25Kg bag
of ready mix morter, mixed it up, remortered the bricks, filled the holes,
made it all good, looked nice. Next morning it all fell out. Mixed some more
morter put it all back. Next morning it all fell out again.

Finally whilst mixing morter for the 3'rd time found the bag of cement in
the bottom of the 25Kg of sand he had been usingi to cement the bricks back
!!!!