Ian_m

"David Shepherd" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 May 2005 14:54:01 GMT, EricP
wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2005 13:10:22 +0100, chris French
babbled like a waterfall and said:

Just replaced the existing built in washer in the house we've just
bought with the old free-standing one we brought with us as the existing
one didn't work properly (realised eventually that it isn't heating up).

After the essential faffing got it in - Hmm, doesn't drain, -slide out
machine, pull drain pipe out of standpipe, fiddle fiddle etc.

Close door on DW, starts pumping, drain pipe not put back in
standpipe........

Arse!, oh well floor needs a wash.......

I feel quite sad here. I just remove the waste from a blocked sink to
empty into a bucket and then empty the full bucket into the sink.

Actually even pro's end up making arse, arse, arse cockups.

Neighbour couple of years ago had bathroom redone, involving moving of
outside waste pipes and soils stacks. Plumber/builder did a grand job inside
them came to repair the empty holes and cut bricks outside. Got a 25Kg bag
of ready mix morter, mixed it up, remortered the bricks, filled the holes,
made it all good, looked nice. Next morning it all fell out. Mixed some more
morter put it all back. Next morning it all fell out again.

Finally whilst mixing morter for the 3'rd time found the bag of cement in
the bottom of the 25Kg of sand he had been usingi to cement the bricks back
!!!!