Haslitt

Default Sash windows stops

Anyone know a reasonable supplier of sash windows stops? I'm after the
simple ones which screw a removable bolt into the frame, allowing free
movement up to that bolt. Had them in my last house, noone seems to
sell them anymore.

TIA

John

Christian McArdle

Anyone know a reasonable supplier of sash windows stops? I'm after the
simple ones which screw a removable bolt into the frame, allowing free
movement up to that bolt.

Mighton ventlock?

http://www.mightonproducts.com/catal...ex.php?cPath=3

Christian.

Chris Bacon

Haslitt wrote:
Anyone know a reasonable supplier of sash windows stops? I'm after the
simple ones which screw a removable bolt into the frame, allowing free
movement up to that bolt. Had them in my last house, noone seems to
sell them anymore.

I made some... take some timber that fits between the parting and sash
bead, cut a groove part way through it for the sash cord to run in,
saw off the "horns" on one side only, smooth off the job, pull sash
cord inwards, slide in timber "stop".
Bob Mannix

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...
Anyone know a reasonable supplier of sash windows stops? I'm after the
simple ones which screw a removable bolt into the frame, allowing free
movement up to that bolt.

Mighton ventlock?

http://www.mightonproducts.com/catal...ex.php?cPath=3

Christian.

Or Ironmongery Direct do the ones you probably have already

http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk

security/secondary security/window security

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

fred

In article , Bob Mannix
writes

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
Anyone know a reasonable supplier of sash windows stops? I'm after the
simple ones which screw a removable bolt into the frame, allowing free
movement up to that bolt.

Mighton ventlock?

http://www.mightonproducts.com/catal...ex.php?cPath=3

Christian.

Or Ironmongery Direct do the ones you probably have already

http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk

security/secondary security/window security

Wow, that's expensive, had thought of making some up/ having some
made up and at that sort of price it's probably worthwhile. They do look
nicely made though and I think the ones with 'wings' are more secure than
ones that just fit in a hole.
--
fred

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
Haslitt wrote:
Anyone know a reasonable supplier of sash windows stops? I'm after the
simple ones which screw a removable bolt into the frame, allowing free
movement up to that bolt. Had them in my last house, noone seems to
sell them anymore.

I'm amazed. Last time I looked there were several different makes in the
sheds. Are you in a town where sash windows are rare?

I might even have some new ones lying around if you're stuck.

--
*In some places, C:\ is the root of all directories *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Hamie

Haslitt wrote:
Anyone know a reasonable supplier of sash windows stops? I'm after the
simple ones which screw a removable bolt into the frame, allowing free
movement up to that bolt. Had them in my last house, noone seems to
sell them anymore.

I got mine from GCD (The alarm people)...

Lobster

Haslitt wrote:
Anyone know a reasonable supplier of sash windows stops? I'm after the
simple ones which screw a removable bolt into the frame, allowing free
movement up to that bolt. Had them in my last house, noone seems to
sell them anymore.

David

How to build replacement sash and casement windows ???????? miey Woodworking 22 March 12th 05 08:09 PM
LCD film window coverings? Denis Home Ownership 0 March 7th 05 07:31 AM
Vertical Sliding Sash Windows - Draught Excluders Frank McVey Woodworking 5 September 11th 04 09:41 AM
sash windows dave UK diy 8 September 12th 03 09:33 AM
[OT] Car insurance craziness The Q UK diy 173 August 2nd 03 10:58 PM