Keith \(Dorset\)

Default White spirit or Turps substitute?

Reading the earlier thread about White Spirit reminds me of something I have
always wondered about...

What are the advantages and disadvatages vis-a-vis White Spirit and Turps
(excepting price) when it comes to cleaning paint brushes and thinning
oil-based paint? What 'exactly' are they / what's the difference?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Cicero

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Reading the earlier thread about White Spirit reminds me of something I

have
always wondered about...

What are the advantages and disadvatages vis-a-vis White Spirit and Turps
(excepting price) when it comes to cleaning paint brushes and thinning
oil-based paint? What 'exactly' are they / what's the difference?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

================
Have a look he http://www.bartoline.co.uk/solv.htm for some general
information.

I think most people probably use whatever they find on the shelves at Focus
etc.

Cic.

David Lang

Have a look he http://www.bartoline.co.uk/solv.htm for some general
information.

Useful information.

Why to illiterate people think they can create web sites? Written by a
moron who can't use a spell checker.

Dave

Andy Dingley

On Sun, 8 May 2005 21:03:10 +0000 (UTC), "Keith \(Dorset\)"
wrote:

What are the advantages and disadvatages vis-a-vis White Spirit and Turps

White spirit evaporates. Subst. turps leaves an oily residue. Subst.
turps may also mess with paint drying times, or the hardness of the
cured paint.

I don't think there's anything turps will do that white spirit won't.

Real turpentine(s) are of course a different matter.
Andy Wade

David Lang wrote:

Why to illiterate people [...]

Oops :-)

--
Andy

David Lang

David Lang wrote:

Why to illiterate people [...]

Oops :-)

--
Andy

I'll get my coat..........................

The Natural Philosopher

David Lang wrote:

Have a look he http://www.bartoline.co.uk/solv.htm for some general
information.

Useful information.

Why to

^^^^
illiterate people think they can create web sites? Written by a
moron who can't use a spell checker.

Dave

Or check their grammar it would seem..

Origin of Hex Head Nuts/bolts? CWLee Metalworking 57 August 10th 17 01:09 AM
white spirit David Jones UK diy 11 May 9th 05 03:04 PM
White Gas, Coleman Fuel, and Unleaded Gasoline Gunner Metalworking 11 October 6th 03 05:44 AM
please explain this wiring - black, red, white, ground FN Home Repair 9 July 4th 03 03:46 PM