frank spencer

Default tile cement on tiles

How can I remove waterproof tile cement from the face of ceramic tiles?

Andrew Gabriel

In article .com,
"frank spencer" writes:
How can I remove waterproof tile cement from the face of ceramic tiles?

A thin layer will usually brush off or come off with a plastic
pan scourer, because it dries out before the cement sets.

Failing that, try something acidic to attack the cement (and
hope the waterproofer doesn't completely stop it getting in).
Brick Acid is sold for the purpose, but I have successfully
used kettle descaler for this. Be careful with any metal
tools, as the metal can easily mark glazed tile faces, but
a combination of acid followed by brute force can break the
bond.

--
Andrew Gabriel
dIMM

u could always sand it off using some coarse sandpaper

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article .com,
"frank spencer" writes:

How can I remove waterproof tile cement from the face of ceramic

tiles?

A thin layer will usually brush off or come off with a plastic
pan scourer, because it dries out before the cement sets.

Failing that, try something acidic to attack the cement (and
hope the waterproofer doesn't completely stop it getting in).

if you use toilet cleaner its thick and gloopy, so can be wiped on thin
and it wont run onto the joints and eat them too. Just wash off when
done.

NT

The Natural Philosopher

frank spencer wrote:

How can I remove waterproof tile cement from the face of ceramic tiles?

try brick acid.

RayDavis

"frank spencer" wrote in message
oups.com...
How can I remove waterproof tile cement from the face of ceramic tiles?

A piece of wood!

I found this moved the adhesive quite effectively whilst not damaging the
tiles.