D.M. Procida

Default Black & Decker Firestorm drill recall

I have a Black & Decker Firestorm cordless drill which lived up to its
name last week. A plume of acrid smoke came out of the body, followed by
flames which licked around the vents. I discovered that this drill was
subject to an international recall. It's even mentioned on the Black &
Desker site at:

http://www.blackanddecker.co.uk/faqI...=1&hierarchyID
1=365&hierarchyID2=&hierarchyID3=&sid=57&hierarchy ID4=&hierarchyID5=&sho
w=&catno=&range=&iFrameLoacation=http://blackanddecker-de.custhelp.com/c
gi-bin/blackanddecker_uk.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

(you have to type "recall' into the search box to find the page). But
their page for further information is a a "page not found", no-one seems
to reply to customer service email, and I can't find a customer service
telephone number for them either.

What's the best way for me to get in touch with them to replace or fix
this drill?

Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre
John Rumm

D.M. Procida wrote:

What's the best way for me to get in touch with them to replace or fix
this drill?

Why not talk to your nearest service agent and see what they suggest?
You can get a list he

http://62.146.25.230/servicecentre.a...2&sid=21&lid=1

--
Cheers,

John.

David Lang

D.M. Procida wrote:

What's the best way for me to get in touch with them to replace or fix
this drill?

Why not take it back to where you bought it?

Dave

D.M. Procida

David Lang wrote:

D.M. Procida wrote:

What's the best way for me to get in touch with them to replace or fix
this drill?

Why not take it back to where you bought it?

Because that was about four years ago and I can't remember where I
bought it.

Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre
Market Road www.apple-juice.co.uk
Cardiff CF5 1QE 029 2019 0140
ady2°°4©

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
[...]

which drills are subject to the recall as i cant find any info on this a
link on the b&d website just directs me to a dead link?

doozer

D.M. Procida wrote:
[...]

FYI

It's American but there are other pages from other countries with the
same parts lists. It's and old recall, from 2002, but according to
another of your posts it would seem your drill may be on the list.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml02/02234.html

You might like to try a googling for firestorm recall ;-)

--

.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ http://www.shallowsea.com ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`

Anyone have a good experience with Black & Decker lately Fred Electronics Repair 78 January 17th 05 08:44 PM
Black & Decker R. Wink Woodworking 1 December 21st 04 10:37 AM
deep hole question Bill Chernoff Metalworking 14 June 18th 04 06:36 PM
WARNING. DeWALT And Black and Decker Tools causing serious Injury and Death. tester Electronics Repair 17 May 27th 04 01:45 PM
Black & Decker band saw: looking for info Harvey Van Sickle UK diy 2 January 14th 04 06:37 PM