Broadback

Default Dish washer drinking rinse aid

My hotpoint model DWF60 has recently started using a lot of Rinse Aid, I
find myself needing to top up every few days. It is (thank goodness)
cleaning the dishes well, but any ideas as to how to reduce its
dependence on rinse aid?
TIA
doozer

Broadback wrote:
My hotpoint model DWF60 has recently started using a lot of Rinse Aid, I
find myself needing to top up every few days. It is (thank goodness)
cleaning the dishes well, but any ideas as to how to reduce its
dependence on rinse aid?
TIA

I assume you aren't using tablets then. Might be worth switching.

--

.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`· Shallow Sea Aquatics .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·
.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ http://www.shallowsea.com ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`
Broadback

doozer wrote:

Broadback wrote:

My hotpoint model DWF60 has recently started using a lot of Rinse Aid,
I find myself needing to top up every few days. It is (thank
goodness) cleaning the dishes well, but any ideas as to how to reduce
its dependence on rinse aid?
TIA

I assume you aren't using tablets then. Might be worth switching.

Hi Doozer,
I did not know that rinse aid tablets were available, please tell me more.
doozer

Broadback wrote:
doozer wrote:

Broadback wrote:

My hotpoint model DWF60 has recently started using a lot of Rinse
Aid, I find myself needing to top up every few days. It is (thank
goodness) cleaning the dishes well, but any ideas as to how to reduce
its dependence on rinse aid?
TIA

I assume you aren't using tablets then. Might be worth switching.

Hi Doozer,
I did not know that rinse aid tablets were available, please tell me more.

I thought, but I might be wrong as I can't say I take that much notice,
that the tablets (e.g. Finish Power Ball) came with rinse aid and salt,
or other water softeners, built in. In fact IIRC the "ball" is meant to
be/contain the rinse aid.

I know we never stick rinse aid or salt in our dishwasher and things
come out fine and we live in a fairly hard water area. There are
sometimes a few salt marks on Teflon coated pans but they are really
easily brushed of with a tea towel if they bother you.

--

.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`· Shallow Sea Aquatics .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·
.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ http://www.shallowsea.com ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`
Mathew J. Newton

doozer wrote:
Broadback wrote:
doozer wrote:

Broadback wrote:

[...]

We live in a medium-hard water area and have been using 3-in-1 tablets
from Aldi for some time now... at around 10p each they're a damn site
cheaper than any of the 'known' brands yet work brilliantly, and we
don't have to faff around with loading salt and rinse-aid any more.

Mathew