HTH

Default Dish Washer does not fill enough water.

My dish washer starts to fill water for about 5sec then stop. Not enough
water to even wash the soap powder out of its container. The washing cycle
is normal. It seems the solonoid valve is working because it let the water
in but not sure why it turns off just after a few seconds leaving the
washer runing with little water.

Any one knows the problem for this type of fault?

Thank in advance.
Appliance Repair Aid

HTH wrote:
My dish washer starts to fill water for about 5sec then stop. Not

enough
water to even wash the soap powder out of its container. The washing

cycle
is normal. It seems the solonoid valve is working because it let the

water
in but not sure why it turns off just after a few seconds leaving the
washer runing with little water.

Any one knows the problem for this type of fault?

Thank in advance.

Hi,

D/w make, model#, approx age??

Volt meter on the fill valve...check for power ( normally 110-120 volt
AC ) and when the water quits is the power still there?...
NO - timer/control, float, float switch, wiring
YES - bad fill valve.

It seems the solonoid valve is working because it let the water
in

Not always...the fill valve coil can heat up and quit or the fill valve
can simply fail mechanically.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Hoa Thai

On 3 Apr 2005 20:23:30 -0700, Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

HTH wrote:
[...]

Thank Jeff for prompt reply. I'll check and see if the valve is faulty.