Tony Williams

In article om,
Dave Liquorice wrote:

It may look 40yrs old but lecky meters are supposed to be
replaced every 10 years by your local supplier as a matter of
routine...

Routine (disk-type) meter replacement has just happened
here. The 'new' meter was older than the one taken out.

Apparently the electricity boards are required to check
the calibration at defined intervals, (10? years), which
they do by cycling meters out of service, re-calibrating,
and putting them back into service.

--
Tony Williams.
Colin Wilson

It may look 40yrs old but lecky meters are supposed to be replaced
every 10 years by your local supplier as a matter of routine...

They`re replaced on a time interval that is subject to several variants,
depending on the type of supply, but I think 12-20 years is the norm.

Mike

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message

Thanks and I will do. Hopefully costs will drop but the key advantage I

can
see is we have so many short power-cuts that if the heating keeps

itself,
the lights and computer on during these then it's a big gain. However I
will need an LPG one which presumably is some way off.

As I understand it, it won't do this if the mains goes off, as it's

designed
to pump it back into the grid.

Yeah- I thought that after posting. But somebody said these things are used
on yachts so it must be possible to get them going without mains.

Ian Stirling

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On 21 Apr 2005 00:07:00 GMT, Ian Stirling wrote:

The era of induction disc meters being able to turn backwards
disappeared some 10-15 years ago. There is no way any

Looks at my 40 year old meter.

It may look 40yrs old but lecky meters are supposed to be replaced
every 10 years by your local supplier as a matter of routine...

I can state with certainty that it's not been replaced for 20 years.
Maybe it's different in scotland?

Boiler Advice - Micro Dchp Faz UK diy 11 October 25th 04 09:32 AM
Binatone MD 750 Twin (Micro Dect) Andy Mabbett UK diy 11 August 20th 04 04:18 PM
micro lathe link Metalworking 0 March 24th 04 03:30 AM
Looking for IC901 (CXD9528S) micro or scrapped chassis for Sony/Dell 17" flat CRT Jason D. Electronics Repair 0 December 6th 03 04:47 AM
Popcorn in micro wave Brandystew Home Repair 11 November 25th 03 06:57 AM