Brandystew

Default Popcorn in micro wave

A pop corn bag was left to long to cook in the micro wave oven. The bag
exploded and the pop corn burned. I guess I was lucky I didn't have a fire. Now
the micro wave oven has an awful smell to it. How do I get rid of the smell?

Thanks

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)
Greg-EE

"Brandystew" wrote in message
A pop corn bag was left to long to cook in the micro wave oven. The bag
exploded and the pop corn burned. I guess I was lucky I didn't have a

fire. Now
the micro wave oven has an awful smell to it. How do I get rid of the

smell?

Thanks

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

I found that cooking bacon removes alot of odors in a microwave

Stormin Mormonn

"Brandystew" wrote in message
A pop corn bag was left to long to cook in the micro wave oven. The bag
exploded and the pop corn burned. I guess I was lucky I didn't have a fire.
Now
the micro wave oven has an awful smell to it. How do I get rid of the smell?

Thanks

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

Microwave your cat for 20 minutes, or your gerbil for ten.

Ara.

Jim Thompson

Default Popcorn in micro wave - related question

My microwave (Whirlpool) has gone quirky on me and quits early in the
popcorn cycle.

At first I thought loss of power due to old age (9 years). However it
boils water and cooks other things just fine in the allotted time.

Now I suspect the sensor mechanism.

How do these dudes *know* when the popcorn is finished?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

SteveB

"Brandystew" wrote in message
A pop corn bag was left to long to cook in the micro wave oven. The bag
exploded and the pop corn burned. I guess I was lucky I didn't have a

fire. Now
the micro wave oven has an awful smell to it. How do I get rid of the

smell?

Thanks

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

Reminds me of an experience I had. I hadn't made popcorn in my microwave
for a long time, and couldn't remember if it was one minute fifty seconds or
two minutes fifty seconds. I put it for two fifty.

I went off to the bedroom, and in a couple of minutes started smelling
something burning. I headed back to the kitchen. As I rounded the corner
into the kitchen, the upper half of the room was filled with smoke so dense
you couldn't see. I opened the back door, which was a lucky thing.

I saw that the smoke was coming from the microwave. I opened the door, and
POOF!, a ball of fire came out. I guess the inrushing air hit the red hot
corn, and it all ignited. I grabbed the flaming bag with some tongs, and
went out the back door.

Popcorn WILL burn. And I mean burn with flames.

I cleaned the oven several times, and the smell just went away slowly. From
the rest of the townhouse, too.

Steve

Chia Pet

"Brandystew" wrote in message
A pop corn bag was left to long to cook in the micro wave oven. The bag
exploded and the pop corn burned. I guess I was lucky I didn't have a

fire. Now
the micro wave oven has an awful smell to it. How do I get rid of the

smell?

Thanks

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

Actually, I know the root cause of your problem.

My wife and I have a long-standing running joke about our (now deceased)
cat. We became convinced he was up to something when we left the house. When
we were out we noted sirens and firetrucks running around. Obviously, it was
caused by the cat. He became obsessed with making popcorn the right way. The
only problem was, just when the popcorn was almost done to perfection, the
guys in the fire trucks would come and take it away. After they saw a little
grey cat running away from enough fires, they started looking for him, hence
the police. Frustrated, the cat had to increasingly supply his need for more
popcorn to keep ahead of the firemen. This is why he started a fleet of
planes and helicopters (for salt) running frequently. Of course, all this
popcorn buying requires a large infrastructure of management and security
(other cats spying on us while out). That, of course, requires a large
business empire with spinoffs of his name, ingeniously concealed so we
wouldn't notice (he hoped). Now that he has passed his empire on to his heir
with detailed instructions, the expansion continues, as evidenced by your
report.

Don't worry about the smell. Worry about the end of civilization as we know
it!

Chia Pet

"Thund3rstruck" wrote in message
Brandystew Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
proclaimed in :

A pop corn bag was left to long to cook in the micro wave oven. The
bag exploded and the pop corn burned. I guess I was lucky I didn't
have a fire. Now the micro wave oven has an awful smell to it. How
do I get rid of the smell?

Been there...

What I did was to clean the cooking cavity out completely with 401,
and I left the door open for a few days...

NOI

I knew it! The operation was much larger than we thought at the time!

Chia Pet

"Stormin Mormonn" wrote in message

"Brandystew" wrote in message
A pop corn bag was left to long to cook in the micro wave oven. The bag
exploded and the pop corn burned. I guess I was lucky I didn't have a

fire.
Now
the micro wave oven has an awful smell to it. How do I get rid of the

smell?

Thanks

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

Microwave your cat for 20 minutes, or your gerbil for ten.

Ara.

Won't work. His heirs will pick up where he left off. Believe me, I know!

Chia Pet

"SteveB" wrote in message

[...]

Just when he thought it was almost done, another toopid stole it!