SteveB

Default Popcorn in micro wave

"Brandystew" wrote in message
A pop corn bag was left to long to cook in the micro wave oven. The bag
exploded and the pop corn burned. I guess I was lucky I didn't have a

fire. Now
the micro wave oven has an awful smell to it. How do I get rid of the

smell?

Thanks

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

Reminds me of an experience I had. I hadn't made popcorn in my microwave
for a long time, and couldn't remember if it was one minute fifty seconds or
two minutes fifty seconds. I put it for two fifty.

I went off to the bedroom, and in a couple of minutes started smelling
something burning. I headed back to the kitchen. As I rounded the corner
into the kitchen, the upper half of the room was filled with smoke so dense
you couldn't see. I opened the back door, which was a lucky thing.

I saw that the smoke was coming from the microwave. I opened the door, and
POOF!, a ball of fire came out. I guess the inrushing air hit the red hot
corn, and it all ignited. I grabbed the flaming bag with some tongs, and
went out the back door.

Popcorn WILL burn. And I mean burn with flames.

I cleaned the oven several times, and the smell just went away slowly. From
the rest of the townhouse, too.

Steve