Chia Pet

Default Popcorn in micro wave

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:SeAwb.23231$kl6.9232@fed1read03...

"Brandystew" wrote in message
A pop corn bag was left to long to cook in the micro wave oven. The bag
exploded and the pop corn burned. I guess I was lucky I didn't have a

fire. Now
the micro wave oven has an awful smell to it. How do I get rid of the

smell?

Thanks

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

Reminds me of an experience I had. I hadn't made popcorn in my microwave
for a long time, and couldn't remember if it was one minute fifty seconds

or
two minutes fifty seconds. I put it for two fifty.

I went off to the bedroom, and in a couple of minutes started smelling
something burning. I headed back to the kitchen. As I rounded the corner
into the kitchen, the upper half of the room was filled with smoke so

dense
you couldn't see. I opened the back door, which was a lucky thing.

I saw that the smoke was coming from the microwave. I opened the door,

and
POOF!, a ball of fire came out. I guess the inrushing air hit the red hot
corn, and it all ignited. I grabbed the flaming bag with some tongs, and
went out the back door.

Popcorn WILL burn. And I mean burn with flames.

I cleaned the oven several times, and the smell just went away slowly.

From
the rest of the townhouse, too.

Steve

Just when he thought it was almost done, another toopid stole it!