Dave

Default Mirrored wardrobe doors - where to buy

I need to find a mirrored wardrobe door to match a couple that we bought
about 10-15 years ago from B&Q and which are still going strong, also
need some longer track. The doors have gold/bronze coloured metal
surrounds. I realise it's a bit of a long shot but can anyone suggest
who might have made these?

Dave S
Colin Wilson

I need to find a mirrored wardrobe door to match a couple that we bought
about 10-15 years ago from B&Q and which are still going strong, also
need some longer track. The doors have gold/bronze coloured metal
surrounds. I realise it's a bit of a long shot but can anyone suggest
who might have made these?

We`ve got a couple of B&Q (IIRC) mirrored doors to dispose of (white
metal frame) in the Liverpool area if that`s any use - one door has a
slight "ding" to the metal frame, but I think it came like that, and
isn`t particularly obvious.

Dave

Colin Wilson wrote:
I need to find a mirrored wardrobe door to match a couple that we bought
about 10-15 years ago from B&Q and which are still going strong, also
need some longer track. The doors have gold/bronze coloured metal
surrounds. I realise it's a bit of a long shot but can anyone suggest
who might have made these?

We`ve got a couple of B&Q (IIRC) mirrored doors to dispose of (white
metal frame) in the Liverpool area if that`s any use - one door has a
slight "ding" to the metal frame, but I think it came like that, and
isn`t particularly obvious.

Thanks Colin but that's a long way from Hampshire! - although if they
had brown/gold/bronze frames I'd be tempted to try and find a solution.
Do they have any makers name or mark?

Dave S
The Natural Philosopher

Dave wrote:
Colin Wilson wrote:

I need to find a mirrored wardrobe door to match a couple that we
bought about 10-15 years ago from B&Q and which are still going
strong, also need some longer track. The doors have gold/bronze
coloured metal surrounds. I realise it's a bit of a long shot but can
anyone suggest who might have made these?

We`ve got a couple of B&Q (IIRC) mirrored doors to dispose of (white
metal frame) in the Liverpool area if that`s any use - one door has a
slight "ding" to the metal frame, but I think it came like that, and
isn`t particularly obvious.

Thanks Colin but that's a long way from Hampshire! - although if they
had brown/gold/bronze frames I'd be tempted to try and find a solution.
Do they have any makers name or mark?

Try local galss merchants.

They will probably make you mirrors and frames too. Thess can be glued
onto a suitable door.

Dave S

Colin Wilson

Do they have any makers name or mark?

On a small sticker there`s "J HATCH 46 98" and on a larger sticker
there`s "DR 1890" (possibly the height ? - no tape measure to hand...)

Lobster

Dave wrote:
I need to find a mirrored wardrobe door to match a couple that we bought
about 10-15 years ago from B&Q and which are still going strong, also
need some longer track. The doors have gold/bronze coloured metal
surrounds. I realise it's a bit of a long shot but can anyone suggest
who might have made these?

I think B&Q's current mirrored wardrobe doors are made by Stanley, in
Chesterfield/Sheffield, so that's got to be worth a try. IIRC they
don't have a web presence, but their contact details have been published
in this newsgroup before if you google the archives for it.

David
Colin Wilson

I think B&Q's current mirrored wardrobe doors are made by Stanley

That rings a bell with me, if that`s any help :-}

Dave

Lobster wrote:
Dave wrote:

I need to find a mirrored wardrobe door to match a couple that we
bought about 10-15 years ago from B&Q and which are still going
strong, also need some longer track. The doors have gold/bronze
coloured metal surrounds. I realise it's a bit of a long shot but can
anyone suggest who might have made these?

I think B&Q's current mirrored wardrobe doors are made by Stanley, in
Chesterfield/Sheffield, so that's got to be worth a try. IIRC they
don't have a web presence, but their contact details have been published
in this newsgroup before if you google the archives for it.

David

thanks everybody, that was spot on!
I just rang them (0114-276-4099) BUT they stopped making that model and
size about 18 months ago :-(
I can't bring myself to throw out 2 perfectly good doors just to buy 3
new ones so I guess I need to buy a 3rd mirror from somewhere and
make-up some DIY frames. Has anyone done this successfully?

Dave S

arghhh wimpey house wardrobe doors Mr Conway UK diy 1 April 6th 05 08:34 PM
arghhh wimpey house wardrobe doors Mr Conway UK diy 0 April 6th 05 04:43 PM
mdf wardrobe doors gary watson UK diy 10 October 27th 04 04:04 PM
updating wardrobe doors Frisket UK diy 6 September 11th 03 08:02 AM
Wide Wardrobe Doors Andrew May UK diy 1 August 15th 03 08:01 AM