Sparks

Default Varilight Touch Dimmers

Anyone know if it is possible to control these (Sold by TLC) with anything
other than a slave unit?

The slave units cant be used on their own, so they must just tell the master
what to do.
The masters and slaves have three connections - Live, S and Load - In a
normal one switch configuration, the switch is connected like a normal
switch, not suing the S terminal
If you want to add a slave, you just connect the slave up to the three
terminals on the master, leaving the light connected as it was.

I was going to try and wire one up, then short the load to the S to see if
that did it, then if it didn't, the live to the S - haven't done that yet,
and wondered if anyone else had!

(I want to integrate it with a PIR, so it turns the lights off after a set
time of no movement, as the kitchen lights seem to stay on all the time
otherwise!)

Sparks...

Mike

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone know if it is possible to control these (Sold by TLC) with anything
other than a slave unit?

The slave units cant be used on their own, so they must just tell the

master
what to do.
The masters and slaves have three connections - Live, S and Load - In a
normal one switch configuration, the switch is connected like a normal
switch, not suing the S terminal
If you want to add a slave, you just connect the slave up to the three
terminals on the master, leaving the light connected as it was.

I was going to try and wire one up, then short the load to the S to see if
that did it, then if it didn't, the live to the S - haven't done that yet,

Bet it goes bang if you do :-)

Sparks

"Mike" wrote in message

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone know if it is possible to control these (Sold by TLC) with
anything
other than a slave unit?

The slave units cant be used on their own, so they must just tell the

master
what to do.
The masters and slaves have three connections - Live, S and Load - In a
normal one switch configuration, the switch is connected like a normal
switch, not suing the S terminal
If you want to add a slave, you just connect the slave up to the three
terminals on the master, leaving the light connected as it was.

I was going to try and wire one up, then short the load to the S to see
if
that did it, then if it didn't, the live to the S - haven't done that
yet,

Bet it goes bang if you do :-)

Maybe, that's why I havent tried it yet!
....but as I managed to get a double one for a pound recently, it won't
matter really :-)
(The shop said they had lost the remote control for it, thats why it was so
cheap, I didnt tell them, they are sold seperatly!)

I will give it a go, and see if it makes light, or smoke!

Sparks...

Sparks

I was going to try and wire one up, then short the load to the S to see
if
that did it, then if it didn't, the live to the S - haven't done that
yet,

Bet it goes bang if you do :-)

Maybe, that's why I havent tried it yet!
...but as I managed to get a double one for a pound recently, it won't
matter really :-)
(The shop said they had lost the remote control for it, thats why it was
so cheap, I didnt tell them, they are sold seperatly!)

I will give it a go, and see if it makes light, or smoke!

Well, I tried it, and I'm still here!
If the light is on, it can be turned off by momentaraly shorting the Live
and Load
This is exactly what I want to do :-)

To turn it back on again, shorting the S and Load seems to put it back to
the same brightness as it was at.

I cant seem to dim it, but that doesn't bother me :-)

Sparks...