Ric

Default Skirting Trunking Back Boxes

Hi there,

I am about to embark on a network cabling job in the office. The current
setup has trunking running around the perimeter of the office at floor
level. The trunking consists of a top and bottom section for cable and a
middle section where the sockets go. I am trying to find out where in the
UK I can get the back boxes that I need to fit the faceplates on to.

I can not tell what make the actual trunkning but the existing boxes are
made by Thorsman. They work by inserting them in between the top and bottom
of the trunkning and then pushing 4 clips (two top, two bottom) out from the
box which holds it in place.

Does anyone know of these Throsman boxes and where I could get them from?
If not, does anyone know of any other makes of boxes that would be
compatible with the same trunking?

Thanks in advance,
Richard.

Lurch

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:04:52 +0100, "Ric" strung
together this:

I can not tell what make the actual trunkning but the existing boxes are
made by Thorsman.

Chances are the trunking's Thorsman, boxes and dado trunking are
usually a 'matched' pair, sort of.

Does anyone know of these Throsman boxes and where I could get them from?
If not, does anyone know of any other makes of boxes that would be
compatible with the same trunking?

Best bet would be contact Thorsman, I've not used their dado trunking
so I'm not sure on the extent of their range in that area. You may
find that all Thorsman dado trunking boxes are the same, so that makes
it simple then.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Ric

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:04:52 +0100, "Ric" strung
together this:

I can not tell what make the actual trunkning but the existing boxes are
made by Thorsman.

Chances are the trunking's Thorsman, boxes and dado trunking are
usually a 'matched' pair, sort of.

Does anyone know of these Throsman boxes and where I could get them from?
If not, does anyone know of any other makes of boxes that would be
compatible with the same trunking?

Best bet would be contact Thorsman, I've not used their dado trunking
so I'm not sure on the extent of their range in that area. You may
find that all Thorsman dado trunking boxes are the same, so that makes
it simple then.

Thanks for the response! I contacted them and it turns out that they no
longer do the trunking range and that it is now done by Mita. I cantacted
them and managed to get a part number for what I want (CYB302W) but am now
having trouble locating them anywhere! It appears that most people order
the whole lot in for large projects and as I am only a small timer who needs
about 7 of them no one is interested! If anyone knows of anywhere that
might stock them please let me know!

Thanks,
Richard.

In uk.d-i-y, Ric wrote:

Thanks for the response! I contacted them and it turns out that they no
longer do the trunking range and that it is now done by Mita. I cantacted
them and managed to get a part number for what I want (CYB302W) but am now
having trouble locating them anywhere! It appears that most people order
the whole lot in for large projects and as I am only a small timer who needs
about 7 of them no one is interested! If anyone knows of anywhere that
might stock them please let me know!

From your descriptions it sounds rather as if RS (rswww.com) may be
your friend here - they sell a MITA-made 3-compartment dado trunking
range, with 2-gang backboxes as their partnum 563-696, and other stuff
in the range in their hierarchy as Electrical | Conduit/Trunking
| Dado & Skirting Trunking | Cableline Dado & Skirting Trunking

If not there, try www.farnell.co.uk. Both will do small orders with
card payments; you'll pay premium prices, but if it means you can reuse
the existing trunking you're on a winner anyway. May be worth buying
a few more bits-n-pieces as spares if you're likely to be working on
the room again some time in the foreseeable...

HTH - Stefek

Lurch

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:04:12 +0100, "Ric" strung
together this:

Thanks for the response! I contacted them and it turns out that they no
longer do the trunking range and that it is now done by Mita. I cantacted
them and managed to get a part number for what I want (CYB302W) but am now
having trouble locating them anywhere! It appears that most people order
the whole lot in for large projects and as I am only a small timer who needs
about 7 of them no one is interested! If anyone knows of anywhere that
might stock them please let me know!

Try Denmans, they do Mita cable management. (I'd put Denmans URL here
but IE is **** and it's having a 'moment')!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Ric wrote:
Thanks for the response! I contacted them and it turns out that they no
longer do the trunking range and that it is now done by Mita. I
cantacted them and managed to get a part number for what I want
(CYB302W) but am now having trouble locating them anywhere!

Is this what you need? Made by Mita but called mini trunking. If the URL
defeats just search for Mita on the RS site.

@ & cacheID=uknetscape&3267788540=3267788540&stockNo=6 05510

--
*Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Lurch

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:00:48 +0100, Lurch
strung together this:

Try Denmans, they do Mita cable management. (I'd put Denmans URL here
but IE is **** and it's having a 'moment')!

Actually, so is Denmans site.
I've just used a load of Thorsman floor boxes and sockets and all I
did was ring CEF and it all turned up, I think ringing round
wholesalers might be the easiest solution.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Lurch wrote:
Try Denmans, they do Mita cable management. (I'd put Denmans URL here
but IE is **** and it's having a 'moment')!

Actually, so is Denmans site.

I couldn't find anything of use on it - like say a catalogue.

--
*Of course I'm against sin; I'm against anything that I'm too old to enjoy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Lurch

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:36:27 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
strung together this:

I couldn't find anything of use on it - like say a catalogue.

I've pretty much given up trying to find information online, suppliers
and manufacturers all seem to have crap sites with no useful
information whatsover. I usually just phone or go to a wholesaler
first.
TBH, I can't really see the point of the internet, it's just generally
wank. Ban the internet.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Owain

"Lurch" wrote
| TBH, I can't really see the point of the internet, it's just
| generally wank. Ban the internet.

So what would we do with the newsgroup then ...

Owain

Lurch

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:21:20 +0100, "Owain"
strung together this:

"Lurch" wrote
| TBH, I can't really see the point of the internet, it's just
| generally wank. Ban the internet.

So what would we do with the newsgroup then ...

Ban idiotic people from accessing it, chances are once the internet is
closed then most idiots will simply not bother with computers as
typing documents and playng minesweeper gets tedious after a while.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd