Mary Fisher

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 16:17:13 +0100, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

(oh, can I be fecking bothered....)

And rear wheel drive was still more common than FWD, this meant that
rear brake shoes wore out

So RWD puts more braking force on the rear than FWD ?

as most brake systems didn't use any form on
limiting device on the rear hydraulics.

Braking force depends on the cylinder size and rear cylinders have
commonly been smaller than front cylinders since back in the '50s. If
you did have equal braking balance you'd spin as the back end locked
up.

Secondly, hydraulic limiting has been common since the early '60s.
Minis had a fixed sprung-piston balance valve limiting pressure to the
rear axle. My Fiat 124 (a '64 design) went a step further and had a
similar valve controlled by the back axle position - as weight shifted
forward and the rear axle went light, it reduced rear braking force to
avoid locking the wheels up.

Total bollox, asbestos has been removed from brake shoes / pads for
almost as long as linings haven't been fitted by most main stream
garages.

So what ? The regulations are there because they're there, not
because asbestos is necessarily there. Besides which, the likelihood
of encountering asbestos in the old shoes remained appreciable for a
very long time after new pads had ditched asbestos. Even today there
are still people driving Beetles with asbestos shoes in them.

Andy, sorry to say this, but I love you :-))))))))))

Mary

raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Geoffrey" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 13:57:03 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
m...

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:

BTDTGTTS = ?

Been There, Done That, Got The Tee Shirt

LOL , too many MLA's

?

Mary

TLA - Three Letter Acronym
MLA - Multi Letter Acronym

Ah, thank you.

I'll try to remembe ... er ... I think I've already said that.

OK, I'll start a new list of Things To Remember in - um - I know I started
one somewhere ...

Might madam find this any use ?

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

--
geoff
Andy Dingley

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 20:35:08 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Andy, sorry to say this, but I love you :-))))))))))

puts on best Austin Powers voice

Oh be-have! 8-)

Mary Fisher

wrote:

Andy, sorry to say this, but I love you :-))))))))))

puts on best Austin Powers voice

Oh be-have! 8-)

I suspect that you know you've got me there.

Austin Powers???

Is that a new BMC marque?

Mary

Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message

OK, I'll start a new list of Things To Remember in - um - I know I started
one somewhere ...

Might madam find this any use ?

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

Doubt it. I did look, it was garish and needed feeding. But thanks.
No, my own list is good. I'm more* likely to remember to go to it. My
Favourites folder is jam packed, I keep going there and finding such
interesting things that I decide that they're worth saving for future
reference ...

Doh!

Mary
*everything's relative

--
geoff

raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

wrote:

[...]

Enough to have his babies ?

--
geoff
raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

wrote:

Andy, sorry to say this, but I love you :-))))))))))

puts on best Austin Powers voice

Oh be-have! 8-)

I suspect that you know you've got me there.

Austin Powers???

Is that a new BMC marque?

No, it's a Canadian import

--
geoff
Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 15:04:45 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

TLA - Three Letter Acronym
MLA - Multi Letter Acronym

ETLA, Extended Three Letter Acronym.

Extended or Enhanced?

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message

Andy, sorry to say this, but I love you :-))))))))))

Enough to have his babies ?

No, I was faithful to Spouse. He claimed the tax relief on our litter.

But Andy has some qualities even Spouse doesn't, such as authoritatively
putting down certain people :-)

Mary

Mathew J. Newton

Geoffrey wrote:
On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 13:57:03 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:

BTDTGTTS = ?

Been There, Done That, Got The Tee Shirt

LOL , too many MLA's

?

Mary

TLA - Three Letter Acronym
MLA - Multi Letter Acronym

Strictyly speaking they're Abbreviations, not Acronyms. The latter
requires it to be a word which TLA and MLA are arguably not. ;-)

Mathew

Mathew J. Newton

Geoffrey wrote:
On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 13:57:03 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:

BTDTGTTS = ?

Been There, Done That, Got The Tee Shirt

LOL , too many MLA's

?

Mary

TLA - Three Letter Acronym
MLA - Multi Letter Acronym

Strictly speaking they're Abbreviations, not Acronyms. The latter
requires it to be a word which TLA and MLA are arguably not. ;-)

Mathew

Jeff

Mathew J. Newton wrote :-
Jeff wrote:

BTDTGTTS = ?

Been There, Done That, Got The Tee Shirt

LOL , too many MLA's

?

Mary

TLA - Three Letter Acronym
MLA - Multi Letter Acronym

Strictly speaking they're Abbreviations, not Acronyms. The latter
requires it to be a word which TLA and MLA are arguably not. ;-)

Mathew

Actually, really strictly speaking they're Initialisms
Acronym = NATO
Abbreviation = etc
Initialism = TLA

Regards Jeff

Tool Thieves Tom Watson Woodworking 43 March 18th 05 07:56 PM
Questions for the plumbers FireBrick Home Repair 3 January 26th 05 12:55 AM
Heating Problem Thats Dumbfounded Seven Plumbers jason hunter UK diy 11 November 10th 04 12:03 AM
Whats better, plumbers putty or teflon tape??? Steve Home Repair 13 May 24th 04 02:19 PM
Any good plumbers in Worcester Steve UK diy 1 July 31st 03 09:55 AM