Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default is it possible to use speakerwire to extend my cell phone headset50ft?

I have no cell service in my basement but I'd like to be able to take
a call without running up the stairs. Could I splice a 50ft extension
cord into my headset? I figure there are two wires inside for for
talking and the other for listening so it should work, no?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , Joe wrote:
I have no cell service in my basement but I'd like to be able to take
a call without running up the stairs. Could I splice a 50ft extension
cord into my headset? I figure there are two wires inside for for
talking and the other for listening so it should work, no?

I don't know if its possible, but if you live in a decent area, you might also try a
passive repeater.

If your handy and you live in a good signal area, which I doubt, attach two cell phone
antennas with a 50 foot piece of coax. i don't know if it would work.

There is also fancy stuff available. some commercially oriented or this consumer
item............
http://www.phonelabs.com/prd05.asp

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , Joe wrote:
I have no cell service in my basement but I'd like to be able to take
a call without running up the stairs. Could I splice a 50ft extension
cord into my headset? I figure there are two wires inside for for
talking and the other for listening so it should work, no?

And, how were you planning on answering the call?
And, does your cell phone ring through the speaker , or through a
seperate sounder/speaker?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have no cell service in my basement but I'd like to be able
to take a call without running up the stairs. Could I splice a
50ft extension cord into my headset?

How will you be able to "pick up" the call (ie, lift the cover or press the
button)?

----- The Lady from Philadelphia

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 21, 5:38 pm, Allodoxaphobia wrote:
In article , Joe wrote:
I have no cell service in my basement but I'd like to be able to take
a call without running up the stairs. Could I splice a 50ft extension
cord into my headset? I figure there are two wires inside for for
talking and the other for listening so it should work, no?

And, how were you planning on answering the call?
And, does your cell phone ring through the speaker , or through a
seperate sounder/speaker?

the headset has a button for answering calls, not sure if that's
another wire. I would be able to hear the cellphone - right now my
phone is upstairs in my kitchen so I run up from my basement to answer
it. I was hoping to have it sit pressed against my basement window
(which is the only place I get a signal) and use the headset to at
least be able to take calls. I think I might be better off going with
a bluetooth headset but I was just trying to save some money and do
something creative.