Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Peter Fairbrother

Default oxy-propane eye protection?

I just got a small oxy-propane torch, I have oxygen and am just off to get
some propane, and it occurred to me - do I need dark glasses?

I have safety specs against impact and so on, but not against UV.

Thanks,

--
Peter

Simon writes complaining about the term "titsup" (Letters, 18 Jan). His
assertion that it is a reference to female mammalian anatomy is mistaken. It
is an American term, derived from "catsup" ("tomato sauce" in English). A
lighter, sweeter variant was developed for use on desserts, and named
"titsup" after the small bird (a favourite snack for cats.) Americans use
titsup much like the English use custard, hence the phrase "went titsup" is
the American equivalent of the English phrase "it all went to custard."

Filias
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/21/letters_2101/

Surge Protector for Nova DVR lathe Tony the Turner Woodturning 11 March 21st 05 05:56 PM
heat pump/secondary propane furnace questions JohnW Home Ownership 11 January 28th 05 01:50 PM
preparing a propane tank for reusal .. pix Grant Erwin Metalworking 5 January 26th 05 05:54 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Question about rust Mike in Mystic Woodworking 46 January 27th 04 04:03 AM