Peter Fairbrother

Default oxy-propane eye protection?

I just got a small oxy-propane torch, I have oxygen and am just off to get
some propane, and it occurred to me - do I need dark glasses?

I have safety specs against impact and so on, but not against UV.

Thanks,

--
Peter

Simon writes complaining about the term "titsup" (Letters, 18 Jan). His
assertion that it is a reference to female mammalian anatomy is mistaken. It
is an American term, derived from "catsup" ("tomato sauce" in English). A
lighter, sweeter variant was developed for use on desserts, and named
"titsup" after the small bird (a favourite snack for cats.) Americans use
titsup much like the English use custard, hence the phrase "went titsup" is
the American equivalent of the English phrase "it all went to custard."

Filias
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/21/letters_2101/