JB

Default Weight of a Bridgeport w/9"x32" Table?

Hi Guys,

Would anyone know the approximate weight of a Bridgeport J-Head with a 9x32"
table?

Thanks.

Joe...

Jon Elson

JB wrote:
Hi Guys,

Would anyone know the approximate weight of a Bridgeport J-Head with a 9x32"
table?

Thanks.

Joe...

I think it is about 1500 Lbs. I have one. Mine added 100 Lbs when I
upgraded to a J head.

Jon

Dave August

The offical Bridgeport weight for a 1J 9x48 is #2101

I can tell ya that 42" table weighs all of the 300+ pounds they say it
does... so figure you are maybe #75 lighter...

Dave

"JB" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

Would anyone know the approximate weight of a Bridgeport J-Head with a
9x32" table?

Thanks.

Joe...

Jon Elson

JB wrote:
Hi Guys,

Would anyone know the approximate weight of a Bridgeport J-Head with a 9x32"
table?

Does this have a dovetail ram or the older round ram? Does it have the
12" Y travel, or the ~9" travel of the old, smaller knee?

The 9 x 32" sounds like the old, pre 1950's round ram, short knee
machine. That's why I was throwing out about 1500 Lbs. It seems
each update of the machine added significant weight. Certainly the
bigger knee added a lot of weight.

Jon

JB

Jon,

It has a dovetail ram. It originally had an M Head which has been replaced
with a J Head.

Thanks for the help.

Joe...

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
ervers.com...
JB wrote:
Hi Guys,

Would anyone know the approximate weight of a Bridgeport J-Head with a
9x32" table?

Does this have a dovetail ram or the older round ram? Does it have the
12" Y travel, or the ~9" travel of the old, smaller knee?

The 9 x 32" sounds like the old, pre 1950's round ram, short knee
machine. That's why I was throwing out about 1500 Lbs. It seems
each update of the machine added significant weight. Certainly the
bigger knee added a lot of weight.

Jon

Richard J Kinch

ATP* writes:

2200 pounds

No way.
ATP*

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
.. .
ATP* writes:

2200 pounds

No way.

That's out of one of the Bridgeport manuals. I can't weigh mine to verify
it. Obviously the size of the table, head, power feed, etc. will make a
difference. Hence approximate.

Richard J Kinch

ATP* writes:

2200 pounds

No way.

That's out of one of the Bridgeport manuals.

What manual?

There are claims on Web pages that seem to be highly overstated.
ATP*

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
ATP* writes:

2200 pounds

No way.

That's out of one of the Bridgeport manuals.

What manual?

There are claims on Web pages that seem to be highly overstated.

It's hard to tell what original manual it came from, it's a copywrite
expired type reprint. I believe the weight was meant to be for the
vari-speed head, assembled gross weight. I have seen higher numbers on the
web, which were probably shipping weights.