R. da Silva

Default Need plate steel in/near San Francisco

Does anyone know a dealer/yard in or near San Francisco, CA that will sell a
small piece (12"x12"x3/8") of mild steel plate.

Thanks,
R. da Silva

steamer

--Have you tried Van Beber in Petaluma? They're a job shop but
they may have something...

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Blah blah blah blah
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : blah blah blah...
Leo Lichtman

"R. da Silva" wrote: Does anyone know a dealer/yard in or near San
Francisco, CA that will sell a small piece (12"x12"x3/8") of mild steel
plate.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Try Alco, at the corner of Davis Street and Doolittle Drive, in San Leandro.
They have tons (literally) of scrap. You probably won't find a piece
exactly that size. You may have to pay the minimum to get what you want, so
be prepared to pad up your purchase.

R. da Silva

This Alco place sounds good... found their website. They allow the public
to scrounge around. A bit of a drive, but probably worth it. Thanks.

Bruno

"R. da Silva" wrote:

Does anyone know a dealer/yard in or near San Francisco, CA that will sell a
small piece (12"x12"x3/8") of mild steel plate.

Thanks,
R. da Silva

Allen Steel & Supply, or Alan Steel & Supply (seen it both ways), in
Redwood City right off 101 at Whipple. It's a big place you can have
fun wandering around.

-Bruno

Winston

R. da Silva wrote:
Does anyone know a dealer/yard in or near San Francisco, CA that will sell a
small piece (12"x12"x3/8") of mild steel plate.

Thanks,
R. da Silva

Allied Iron Arts & Crafts
620 Waltermire
Belmont, CA 1-650-591-6555
hot rolled steel, cold rolled steel
Excellent supply of hot and cold roll.

--Winston

R. da Silva

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Went down to Alco and got exactly
what I needed. I may try some of the others when I need more. Always good
to have alternatives.