Aaron

Default Plumbing 2 stage hydraulic pump

Im new to hydraulics and am adding hydraulic power to my tubing bender.
I was able to land a (free!) motor and pump for the project. Ive seen a
lot of hydro powered benders so Ive got the idea down on how to build
the system. However, all the units Ive seen have a single stage pump
going into a 4 way valve to control the ram.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the connection between
the two stage pump and the valve?

here is a pic of the pump:

http://www.abernard.net/misc/pump03.jpg

Its a Webster part# 49912-47 if that matters.

thanks!

Aaron

Greg O

"Aaron" wrote in message
oups.com...

Its a Webster part# 49912-47 if that matters.

thanks!

Aaron

Is that the number on the pump's tag?
Post them please!
Greg

Aaron

Here is the tag that is on the pump:

http://www.abernard.net/misc/pump02.jpg

Greg O

"Aaron" wrote in message
ups.com...
Here is the tag that is on the pump:

http://www.abernard.net/misc/pump02.jpg

I maybe mistaken, but I believe that your pump is not a two stage pump, but
a "tandem" pump. Simply two pumps in one assembly. In you picture the
fitting on the right is the inlet port that would go to the tank, and the
two ports on the left or both discharge ports.
I tried to confirm this by going to Webster's web page, but it was
impossible to find any information.
By the numbers on your pump I would assume you have two different sized,
(volume, GPM), pump sections, probably one is 2X the size of the other. This
pump may not work for your needs if it is a tandem, although you probably
could connect the two discharge lines back together again with a couple of
hoses and a "T" fitting.
Another option is that the pump maybe able to be disassembled, and one
section removed.

This is all conjecture on my part though without knowing positively what
this pump is. Do you live in an area where you maybe able to find a
hydraulics shop that maybe able to get you information on this pump?
Good luck!
Greg

Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...

"Aaron" wrote in message
ups.com...
Here is the tag that is on the pump:

http://www.abernard.net/misc/pump02.jpg

I maybe mistaken, but I believe that your pump is not a two stage pump, but
a "tandem" pump. Simply two pumps in one assembly. In you picture the
fitting on the right is the inlet port that would go to the tank, and the
two ports on the left or both discharge ports.

That was my guess as well.

Ned Simmons

Wayne Cook

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 00:20:39 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

In article ,
says...

"Aaron" wrote in message
ups.com...
Here is the tag that is on the pump:

http://www.abernard.net/misc/pump02.jpg

I maybe mistaken, but I believe that your pump is not a two stage pump, but
a "tandem" pump. Simply two pumps in one assembly. In you picture the
fitting on the right is the inlet port that would go to the tank, and the
two ports on the left or both discharge ports.

That was my guess as well.

I agree. I believe it could be setup as a two stage pump though. You
would need to add a check valve and relief valve to the hose coming
from the larger section. The check valve would prevent back flow from
the smaller section and the relief valve would be used to relieve the
pressure from the larger section back to the tank. It should be set to
a fairly low pressure say around 300-500psi. This would allow fast
movement till it contacted the work then switch to a slower speed.

However if the motor is big enough to power both pumps at once then
you could just hook them in parallel and have fast speed all the time.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook