Wayne Cook

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 00:20:39 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

In article ,
says...

"Aaron" wrote in message
ups.com...
Here is the tag that is on the pump:

http://www.abernard.net/misc/pump02.jpg

I maybe mistaken, but I believe that your pump is not a two stage pump, but
a "tandem" pump. Simply two pumps in one assembly. In you picture the
fitting on the right is the inlet port that would go to the tank, and the
two ports on the left or both discharge ports.

That was my guess as well.

I agree. I believe it could be setup as a two stage pump though. You
would need to add a check valve and relief valve to the hose coming
from the larger section. The check valve would prevent back flow from
the smaller section and the relief valve would be used to relieve the
pressure from the larger section back to the tank. It should be set to
a fairly low pressure say around 300-500psi. This would allow fast
movement till it contacted the work then switch to a slower speed.

However if the motor is big enough to power both pumps at once then
you could just hook them in parallel and have fast speed all the time.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook